Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'm considering one of these for my PR xd. I'm assuming you folks are still liking it. Do you know if they have fixed the clamp issues yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I still like mine, going on about 2.5 years now. If I had it to do over again, I might have gotten the SE or HD rather than the 270 only because that would give me a bit more flexibility as far as mounting accessories on top. But other than that, the 270 door arrangement is pretty great.

Not sure about the clamp issue though. You might just give them a call and chat with them though. When I originally ordered mine, the guy I spoke with on the phone was super personable and knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
351 Posts
I'm considering one of these for my PR xd. I'm assuming you folks are still liking it. Do you know if they have fixed the clamp issues yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, they should have fixed the clamp "fit" issue--they realized that they had a production error that made the clamping surface on the cover too wide. It should have been an inch shorter and then the clamps will ride in the channel properly without being cocked at an angle. And I think for dmcgaugh, the adjustable rod end support piece (with the grommet that the rod slides through) was too short. There should have been enough adjustment play for the rod to ride right in the utilitrack channel. Mine was OK on that front--enough adjustment top get rods to lock into channel.

So I called them and they admitted the "clamp strip" was too wide. I should have figured that out myself just looking at it. So after cutting about an inch off on all 3 clamping surfaces with jigsaw, back in business with a good fit. For that labor (30 minute job once off), they paid me $75 dollars a strip--for a total of $225 in a refund check. Fair enough I guess, but still kind of hacked me off. They would have sent out another one, but would have had to deal with that and sending the other one back. The $225 seemed a better choice...

I have enjoyed the cover and the 3 doors. It is a nice product. That said, they are getting pretty proud of them...the 270 is one of the pricier ones. It was $1999 in the black line X in early 2017...way up from that now.
One thing that pissed me off for that price was when I looked at the stainless steel hinges and saw some orange corrosion seeping around the pin...not a lot, but made me wonder what grade of stainless they were using! For a few hinges, it ought to be surgical grade for what they charge instead of sourced from same Chinese factory making cheap grill hinges. Now they are covering them in Line X so the whole thing is black...hinges were bright colored just a year or so ago. No biggie I guess. Would do it over again...it does look really good.....

So the hope is you get the right product the first time at this point!

·
9 Posts
I ordered an HD in Black last week. Ship date is supposed to be March 8th. I spoke with a support guy and assured me the clamps would fit and I wouldn't have any issues. I'll let y'all know how it turns out. Thanks for all of your insight and help!

·
896 Posts
Anyone slow cook a pork butt in the bed under that metal cover yet; just put er in on a summers day morning and by the end of day pulling into the driveway that foil covered seasoned pork will be just nothing other than tender right.

·
34 Posts
About to order a dback, for my xd. I would love to see all the mods you guys have done to yours.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

·
43 Posts
Just ordered my HD cover for my Single Cab Titan XD I think I might be the first on a Single Cab truck. I also got the new finish Smooth Black can't wait to get it.

·
8 Posts
Okay DimondBack HD cover guys where does the center rail sit in relation to the gooseneck hitch?
Could it be flipped back all the way to hook up a goose without removing all the way?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts