Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am open to less than a ¾ ton at this point since my toy hauler size creep is under control for now. The Titan XD would work for me, but it all comes to the pricing. I have asked several dealers to explain to me why I should pay a ¾ ton price for their less powerful Nissan. A few of the sharper reptilian salesmen recited “quality and resale value” per the scripted lines provided to them by the Nissan corporate marketing office. Somehow they thought they could convince me to buy substantially less truck and pay the same as a more robust ¾ ton because of this mythical “quality and resale value” in which they don’t have any data to back up their claims. The first Titan was unsuccessful, and the only significant thing the new version has going for it is the Cummins engine. Perhaps, others could explain to me why they are over paying for this truck. If you purchase the Titan XD now, you will have overpaid and lose money come resale time, not to mention you got less truck for your money.

·
43 Posts
Really? Buyers of this truck have to explain to YOU why we made the purchase? There is not a reason out there why have to explain to YOU why we decided to make the purchase. You have already decided against it. That is fine, but to have us to justify our purchase to YOU is nonsense.
Troll your baloney somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I know I didn't over pay for mine, only a couple thousand more then a slightly less equipped and capable ecodiesel when all said and done. And paid a few thousand less than a way less equipped f250.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to know why others are willing to pay a ¾ ton truck price for a less than ¾ ton truck. Is there something unique about the Titan XD to justify the high price that I am missing.

·
363 Posts
It's a valid question as a few others experienced the same thing. You could shop around for a more reasonably priced dealership as some delusional Nissan stealerships think they've found the XD pot of gold. As they say, this too shall pass.

·
77 Posts
Build quality? I know my 05 Titan went ten years without major mechanical issues and the biggest thing was it had no body or frame rust. The big three trucks all rust out after 5 years around here.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Sums it up for me quality quality quality.
I have owned all the other brands. And none stood up as well as my 2012 titan. So far my xd is what I was expecting quality wise and economy better than expected. The other reason is I know not every other person is going to own one.

·
857 Posts
Sums it up for me quality quality quality.
I have owned all the other brands. And none stood up as well as my 2012 titan. So far my xd is what I was expecting quality wise and economy better than expected. The other reason is I know not every other person is going to own one.
That might be why I see so many of them off-roading and actually wearing dirt most the time, looking like they came out of war. Meanwhile all the american ones are clean and roaming city streets. SOME hauling trailers from a construction site.

·
430 Posts
I know I didn't over pay for mine, only a couple thousand more then a slightly less equipped and capable ecodiesel when all said and done. And paid a few thousand less than a way less equipped f250.
A way less equipped F250? Less equipped for what, riding around, picking out wedding dresses? The F250 will work circles around the XD. I'm guessing by equipped you mean the novelty gooseneck hitch and some cameras. The rest of it, everyone else has, already. Take the gimmicks away and what do you have? A truck that's supposed to be a 3/4 ton, but has less balls than most of the 1/2 ton lineup?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I'm comparing an xlt to my sv premium. Yes I'm talking about creature comforts
Heated seats
Nav
Power sliding rear window
Spray in liner
Led box lighting
Etc...
I dont need the F250 extra capability. I need a truck that is comfortable for every day driving and can tow 10,000lbs at most when needed. Something that will cost me less in repair bills. Flame away but I speak from experience.

·
43 Posts
A way less equipped F250? Less equipped for what, riding around, picking out wedding dresses? The F250 will work circles around the XD. I'm guessing by equipped you mean the novelty gooseneck hitch and some cameras. The rest of it, everyone else has, already. Take the gimmicks away and what do you have? A truck that's supposed to be a 3/4 ton, but has less balls than most of the 1/2 ton lineup?

Wrong! Nissan doesn't compare this to a 3/4 ton truck. You and the Mopar guy are the ones comparing it to a 3/4 ton. This truck obviously isn't for you. It does however fit the needs I have for a truck and others as well. I know you want to be a truck cop but you're just showing how ignorant you are. Go troll on the Ford and Ram forums. We don't need or want your negative input.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Scorpian I have been respectful to your opinion, even taking the time to prove you wrong. But now I'm going to call a spade a spade your an idiot.

·
658 Posts
Wrong! Nissan doesn't compare this to a 3/4 ton truck. You and the Mopar guy are the ones comparing it to a 3/4 ton. This truck obviously isn't for you. It does however fit the needs I have for a truck and others as well. I know you want to be a truck cop but you're just showing how ignorant you are. Go troll on the Ford and Ram forums. We don't need or want your negative input.
Did you bump your head on that new Titan of yours? NISSAN is s the one who is placing this truck in the "white space" between a 1/2 ton and,You guessed it, a 3/4 ton. So yes, they are in fact comparing it to both classes. Which brings me to another point. Vehicle classifications. The Titan XD is a class 2b truck, which is a 3/4 ton truck by definition.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truck_classification

The Class 2 truck gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) ranges from 6001–10000 lb (2722–4536 kg).[2] Examples of vehicles in this class include the Dodge Ram 1500, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, and the F-150. Class 2 is subdivided into Class 2a and Class 2b, with class 2a being 6001–8500 lb (2722–3856 kg), and class 2b being 8501–10000 lb (3856–4536 kg). Class 2a is commonly referred to as a light duty truck, with class 2b being the lowest heavy-duty class, also called the light heavy-duty class.

White space'
Diaz acknowledges that the new Titan will attempt some new ideas when it hits the market this year in hopes of broadening its appeal.

Chief among them: identifying a new piece of the market that Detroit has left largely underserved. Diaz calls it the "white space" of the large-pickup segment. The Titan will be pitched at buyers who need legitimate "workhorse" size and power for towing and hauling and respectability at the construction site -- but not quite so much size and power that the sticker price exceeds the reach of craftsmen, construction workers, small-business owners and farmers.

"This is a space where customers want the option of getting a powerful V-8, but they really don't need a 2500-sized pickup," Diaz says. "This truck gives them that option."

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150126/OEM04/301269983/with-titan-nissan-aims-for-white-space-below-biggest-pickups

·
658 Posts
I will revert back to one of my favorite things about the xd and that's knowing not everyone is going to own one.
I like it. This is a realistic answer.

Like I've said. If you don't like the truck don't get one. Go troll somewhere else.
Thanks for the deflection David. Some of us have been here a while, discussing what we thought this truck will be, what it we think it should be and what we think it should cost. Now that it's here, I think we have the right to discuss what the truck is, what it isn't, and what we think it should be.

Remember this pic? I do, and have been discussing this truck ever since I saw it... And will continue doing so, here and elsewhere, regardless of what you say.

·
43 Posts
troll troll troll...you're just here to put down what you can't have. I won't waste anymore time responding or reading to your babbling dribble.

·
658 Posts
troll troll troll...you're just here to put down what you can't have. I won't waste anymore time responding or reading to your babbling dribble.
Would be a good idea considering 9 of your 12 post are in direct response to "trolls" or talking about trolls. :devil: babble babble dribble dribble.....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.