Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting a 50 gallon aluminum (RDS) tank. I'm thinking it doesn't come with any fittings, was planning to set up an inexpensive fuel pump on an in-cab switch. The vent tube might be my best option for teeing in on the cheap.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hadn't seen the Atta tanks before. Looks like a good setup. The RDS I'm looking at is less expensive and not as tall. I might have an issue running my tonneau cover over that setup you have. Plus I have the Titan boxes, so I'll be running north-south unless I take the boxes out.

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
I have a 50 gallon tank in the bed. It's nice when towing long distance or driving long distance. I can go over 1000 miles unloaded, or 600+ when fully loaded before refueling. View attachment 43982
I just couldn't loose that much bed space. When we go camping my bed is fully used. I'd love to get a 50 gallon replacement for my oem tank but I'm not confident in swapping them out

·
19 Posts
Looking to insert a T in the fuel filler line for aux tank application. What is the XD's tube ID? 1 3/4"?
I did the same thing on a 2018 XD. Used this
complete kit.
I installed a small, electric fuel pump from Autozone on a switch in the cab. Transfers 6 gal per minute.

·
74 Posts
There is a company called Titan Tanks that makes a 50 gal tank that will replace the OEM tank and wouldn’t fill up the bed of the truck? I was going to install one new but they said it would void the manufacture warranty but they wanted to sell me a 3rd party warranty so I didn’t do it.

·
702 Posts
I have the 50 gallon tank from Titan Tanks as well and the only thing I don't like about it is that the truck runs out of fuel with about 12 gallons left in the tank. Adding a beans sump will take care of it but I just haven't had the time or courage to install one.

@roughneck9725 You're not in South Carolina are you? :LOL:

·
702 Posts
Yea I heard about this but I have run mine down to below 12 and had no issues yet.
Yeah it's hit and miss. If I can keep it flat and level it's a bit better... sometimes I have to prime it once to get it to start.. somtimes twice if it's very low. The most fuel I've put in it was 42 gallons but at that point I also had a low fuel pressure warning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts