Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Good news for people who are currently driving or are planning on driving diesel vehicles! The AAA Daily Fuel Gauge Report says that diesel fuel is cheaper than gasoline in 21 states, and its significantly cheaper than Midgrade and Premium gasoline. For example, in California diesel is 70 cents cheaper per gallon the Regular gasoline.

Not only is diesel fuel cheaper, but the total cost of owning a diesel vehicle is also cheaper than gasoline vehicles according to a University of Michigan study.

The average price of diesel in the US is $2.746 compared to the average price of Regular gasoline at $2.674. Midgrade gas averages $2.929 and Premium averages $3.130.

Diesel fuel prices are at their lowest levels since 2009. Woo hoo!

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/07/diesel-now-cheaper-than-gas-in-over-20-states.html

·
107 Posts
Its about time!!! Never going back to a Gas Veh again...what a waste of $. Especially here in Canada, 4.70$ for gas, no thanks!

·
857 Posts
That's what I like to hear especially during a time when we're waiting for efforts and infrastructure around EV's and hybrid to ramp up.

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The prices fluctuate, so cheap now doesn't mean cheap forever. But this is good news. 10 years from now things could be much different.

·
857 Posts
The prices fluctuate, so cheap now doesn't mean cheap forever. But this is good news. 10 years from now things could be much different.
One of the reasons why I don't like keeping vehicles around for too long especially, for the next 5-10 years diesel might have a good run, 4-5 years is where i see myself with this cummins nissan.

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am anticipating keeping my vehicles a bit longer than that. Maybe 7 or 8 years. Depends on how much things change in the auto industry and how well the truck is holding up. Like I was saying before, its hard to predict what the lay of the land will be that far in the future.

·
857 Posts
I am anticipating keeping my vehicles a bit longer than that. Maybe 7 or 8 years. Depends on how much things change in the auto industry and how well the truck is holding up. Like I was saying before, its hard to predict what the lay of the land will be that far in the future.
Ultimately doing that is what should be done but the way I see it 4-5 years or around that should be ones default, an at best approach for ownership.

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have read before that the average age of cars on the road is 11 years. I'm not sure if that is optimal but that seems to be what people end up doing. That's a long time in car years, especially with the technology advancement these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts