• towed 4,000 3 short trips, 4X4 1/2 hour total
  • love the power reserve/acceleration
  • love the sound/smell
  • have done 4 oil/filter changes
  • have done 4 fuel filter changes(dual)
  • just had tranny fluid change
  • ride is the best(high and tight)
  • absolutely nothing to complain about
I'm glad I got the diesel before it was discontinued, plan on trying to eek out 400,000 (past Toyotas 297,000 and 207,000). If anyone is apprehensive about this wonderful truck - go to Duramax/Powerstroke forums and your fears will be alleviated.

It is rewarding to motor around in an unusual truck(rarity) and knowing that all the GM/Ford/Ram owners paid for the tremendous advertising instead of hidden quality.

"There is a sucker born every minute."

- W.C. Fields

·
555 Posts
Love my truck, I also plan on going the distance, almost at 100k now and it runs as good as ever. Wish there were more information and aftermarket support though, obviously the lack is due to the "rarity," of the trucks.

·
562 Posts
Love my truck, I also plan on going the distance, almost at 100k now and it runs as good as ever. Wish there were more information and aftermarket support though, obviously the lack is due to the "rarity," of the trucks.
Agreed. I’m trying to make mine as ‘bulletproof’ as I can for a the long haul.

I concur- I wish there were more fabricators that made stuff to our truck. Especially like Gale Banks and a few other companies.

·
321 Posts
30k in a few hundred miles....was thinking about it last night driving home from work.

Been a great truck and I have no complaints really. Everything is stock on mine except the lift kit.

Contemplating a pedal commander and maybe a CAI just for the noise LOL.

·
15 Posts
Love mine, only 9k on my ‘19 but plan to keep it the distance. Already got a new ECM and fuel pump, but I should be good now. Definite conversation starter at the pumps. Big 3 loyalists at work give me crap about it but I just tell them get back to me in less than five years when yours is rotting out up here in the northeast.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
131 Posts
I’ll never understand some people’s need for other people to feel the same way. I loved my ‘00 Silverado z71. Loved my ‘12 Ram. Love my XD. At no point did I ever tell anyone their truck was bad cause I loved mine so much. I have a friend that drove her Honda Accord for nearly 20 years and 330k miles. She doesn’t argue with anyone about Honda being the most reliable. Her moms accord that replaced it (hence the one passed to my friend at 16) only made it to 65k with numerous trips for warranty service. A guy I worked with had the same Ram as me, same year, and hated it. Constant transmission and front axle issues.
Glad you enjoy your truck.

·
111 Posts
About to hit 12,000. Deleted mine at 1,000 miles and it is one hell of a truck. Conversation starter for sure, the lack of knowledge folks have of its existence plus the reaction when I tell them they don’t make it anymore is priceless. Pulled a loaded down red bull TT up a steep icy hill with no problem.(with tire chains)
Only complaint is the ridiculous tires they mate with 20inch SV rims. I have to use 4wd to drive up a parking garage ramp when the tires are wet.

·
2 Posts
30k in a few hundred miles....was thinking about it last night driving home from work.

Been a great truck and I have no complaints really. Everything is stock on mine except the lift kit.

Contemplating a pedal commander and maybe a CAI just for the noise LOL.
I have a PC and so far I love it I haven’t had the dead petal issue as much either. I also have a coupon.

·
550 Posts
... I'm glad I got the diesel before it was discontinued, plan on trying to eek out 400,000 (past Toyotas 297,000 and 207,000). If anyone is apprehensive about this wonderful truck - go to Duramax/Powerstroke forums and your fears will be alleviated....
- W.C. Fields
Good luck with that. There was a reported 5.0 Diesel getting 268k here: High mile Titan XD Cummins!

Maybe true, but in these forums, there is nothing that hit 150k yet:

A lot have problems right past 100k including this poor bastard:

Many more have problems WAY before then.

Although the truck would probably hold up well, it would be a miracle if your transmission, turbo, and engine even got half of that.

It's hard to compare with Duramax and Powerstroke forums as there are way more of those on the road. Best guess is that there were around 50,000 diesel XDs made, so although it is nice having a unique truck, getting parts for even minor repairs will take a long time to get.

Not saying you shouldn't enjoy your truck, just be realistic with expectations.

·
33 Posts
Glad you are enjoying your truck! I have two XDs and I love them as well.

I especially like and agree with having a unique truck to motor around in- the truck sparks up a lot of stoplight conversations and gas pump conversations, especially deleted.
Speaking of gas pump conversations, I found a station near me last week that was at $2.29. This station also sells 100 and 110 octane gas. While I was filling the girl up, a guy next to me said, "You should put in some of this 100 octane. It'll really wake it up!" I replied, "Oh, I don't think that would be a good idea." I'm sure he didn't realize the ole girl was a diesel.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
131 Posts
Lol. Nice. I’m down to $1.22 gas/$2 diesel in my town. Driving my XD around like I’m 16 again cause why not? $30 to fill up.

·
33 Posts
I took my daughter to the pet store to get some crickets and dubia roaches for her bearded dragon today. Along the way I saw a station that had diesel for $2.09. I was at just above 1/2 tank, so I went ahead and pulled in to top off the tank. There was a guy filling up his Ram 2500 on the opposite side of the pump from me. He asked me what kind of Cummins I had, so I told him. Then I asked him what kind of mileage he gets. He said he tows a 9,000 lb camper pretty regularly and gets between 12 and 15 mpg on flat roads. I almost choked on my spit! Then he told me he gets between 25 and 30 mpg unloaded, and I felt like crying! I told him I was lucky to get 20 unloaded on the Highway. He gave me a funny look and said, "I wonder why that is?" I didn't know what to tell him because, honestly, I don't know why Titans get such utterly crappy mileage.

·
1,261 Posts
I took my daughter to the pet store to get some crickets and dubia roaches for her bearded dragon today. Along the way I saw a station that had diesel for $2.09. I was at just above 1/2 tank, so I went ahead and pulled in to top off the tank. There was a guy filling up his Ram 2500 on the opposite side of the pump from me. He asked me what kind of Cummins I had, so I told him. Then I asked him what kind of mileage he gets. He said he tows a 9,000 lb camper pretty regularly and gets between 12 and 15 mpg on flat roads. I almost choked on my spit! Then he told me he gets between 25 and 30 mpg unloaded, and I felt like crying! I told him I was lucky to get 20 unloaded on the Highway. He gave me a funny look and said, "I wonder why that is?" I didn't know what to tell him because, honestly, I don't know why Titans get such utterly crappy mileage.
Cause it's a v8 diesel. Inline 6 always gets tons more mileage

·
33 Posts
Yeah, I figured it had something to do with that. Eight injectors spraying fuel instead of only six makes sense.
So I've read many different posts on the subject and read a thousand different answers, but does a tune and delete actually do anything to improve fuel economy?

·
562 Posts
Yeah, I figured it had something to do with that. Eight injectors spraying fuel instead of only six makes sense.
So I've read many different posts on the subject and read a thousand different answers, but does a tune and delete actually do anything to improve fuel economy?
Depending on tuners (they are NOT all created equal), yes. I have two different tuners profiles on my truck and one definitely yields better MPG. That same tune delivers nothing less than 18.5 MPG unloaded with mixed driving. Even when I run it hard, my average never dips below that. On the flip side, when I drive like a grandpa I see 22-23.5, hand calculated. I track every full up on Fuelly, my average since I deleted is 21.9.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts