Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen anything as far as what the dimensions of the XD are/will be? My '09 Ram quad feels cramped compared to a F250 so I'm hoping that the XD will be somewhere closer to a heavy duty cab

·
857 Posts
We'll have to keep on waiting to see more.
All what was seen was what's at the shows along with the recent spy shots.

There was however a mention of 3 bed lengths, just no dimensions on them.

·
772 Posts
Has anybody seen anything as far as what the dimensions of the XD are/will be? My '09 Ram quad feels cramped compared to a F250 so I'm hoping that the XD will be somewhere closer to a heavy duty cab
f250's cabs are huge.

have you been in a titan Crew Cab? its super roomy for what you would think, and i'm sure its gonna be a bit bigger then the current crew cab size.. I thought i read somewhere on titantalk that they had some specs. i'll do some searching over there

·
772 Posts
As a matter of fact, nissan is already putting the XD interior door panels in the 2015 first gen titans lol. its like they ran out of parts and are using new parts for the truck. typical nissan mediocre attitude towards the original titan. lmao

anyways, in this thread the pics look like the cab is exactly the same size. however its MUCH updated. i'd kill for that interior.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/interior/281114-2016-nissan-titan-interior.html]

·
857 Posts
At least it will be a bit easier to get parts come time for when we need them :D

Can't blame them for spreading out the ways they can use them. Anything to trim costs.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
As a matter of fact, nissan is already putting the XD interior door panels in the 2015 first gen titans lol. its like they ran out of parts and are using new parts for the truck. typical nissan mediocre attitude towards the original titan. lmao
Please post your source material to substantiate that claim.

·
772 Posts
Please post your source material to substantiate that claim.
i saw pictures on the titantalk Facebook page of a guy who got a 2015 pro4x. he posted pics of his door panels, they are the new design. sorry i don't have the sources to cite this. you want APA format or MLA?

-__-

·
665 Posts
i saw pictures on the titantalk Facebook page of a guy who got a 2015 pro4x. he posted pics of his door panels, they are the new design. sorry i don't have the sources to cite this. you want APA format or MLA?

-__-
It's just that, well the doors have a clearly different shape in the available pictures so it seems highly unlikely Nissan would use an ill-fitting part on the current Titan.

Looking at the interior pictures of the 2015 gen1 Titan, there is some obvious design similarities in the panels, so the current design may have been influenced by the gen2 Titan development.

·
857 Posts
Would have been better if they didn't make the design of both door panels from both generations so similar, weird move if you asked me.

·
65 Posts

In my experience, the width of the center console is a major contributor to whether an interior feels cramped or not.

The only way to find out is to sit in one. I haven't had a chance yet to see the new Titan in person.

·
772 Posts
It's just that, well the doors have a clearly different shape in the available pictures so it seems highly unlikely Nissan would use an ill-fitting part on the current Titan.

Looking at the interior pictures of the 2015 gen1 Titan, there is some obvious design similarities in the panels, so the current design may have been influenced by the gen2 Titan development.
the door handles are exactly the same, also the lower portion is exactly the same (between the 2015 pro4x that i saw and the XD) I can't verify if the button layout on the armrest is the same. i know who it is if you wanna Facebook stalk them.

to be honest, the cab size looks the same other then its wider. they could've widened it and kept everything else the same, making it easier to switch over the manufacturing to the new titans.

·
772 Posts
Google got this...i forgot how horrendous the center stack is on the newer titans. anyways, you can see the door panel is the same. What is interesting is if you go to nissans website and build a 2015 titan they don't have the updated panels on their build page, yet this picture is from their website. SO CONFUSING NISSAN

·
665 Posts
Get your eyes checked. They are similar but not the same.

It is common for manufacturers to use the same parts as long as they can, it's called standardization and it saves money. My Q45, Maxima and 300zx all have some parts in common.

·
772 Posts
Orly?!?

they still changed over from the first gen titan door panels. instead of big truck like handles they have tiny car ones.... plus the switches are moved. plus everything is the same as the xd panels.

·
36 Posts
They do look very similar, as I haven't seen either one in person it's hard to say how similar, but we know there is at least a little difference because the new Titan has the windows that drop off to the from and the old one doesn't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts