Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that a few dealerships in the north Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas area are starting to advertise upwards of $4000 off of MSRP. I've seen it on a few Platinum Reserves and Pro-4x models. Just thought I'd let yall know.

·
1 Posts
Can you be specific on dealers ?

I am in the market for the XD and was wondering if specific dealer could be named that have these discounts you are talking about?

Regards

Bingram3
:nerd2:

·
857 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Any idea why they have it down to such a good price? Could it be an incentive to get more people into the new Titans than other trucks?

·
608 Posts
Obviously the incentives are to entice people into buying the Titan. It could be because they aren't selling enough of them in comparison to competitors. It could also be that a specific dealer needs to sell more in order to get to some type of quota that gives the dealership a bonus from the brand.

·
1,979 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Any idea why they have it down to such a good price? Could it be an incentive to get more people into the new Titans than other trucks?
Because everyone besides the Canadians have figured out it makes more since to spend the same amount of money & go buy a 3/4 ton.

Also Texas is getting hit hard by the oil crash.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in the market for the XD and was wondering if specific dealer could be named that have these discounts you are talking about?

Regards

Bingram3
:nerd2:
I cant remember right off the top of my head, but all I used was cars.com and searched for New Titan XD's within a 250 mile radius of my zip code (I live in north central-ish Oklahoma). Then once on the page with the list of available trucks, it will show 2 prices, the asking price in bold font and the msrp next to it in grey font. Hope this helps.

·
167 Posts
Because everyone besides the Canadians have figured out it makes more since to spend the same amount of money & go buy a 3/4 ton.

Maybe you should look in Canada. With our Dollor being as low as it is right now. Trucks are actually cheaper than the US. Anyways aside from that it's really a matter of personal choice. I like the truck. I got a reasonless deal on it Ratings aside it has lots of power for any actual usage requirement. Has tons of features that I like and drives really nice. I tow max 9000 lbs. don't need to have the biggest balls (I mean truck) in the neighborhood to tow a garden trailer. Anyways people buy them cause they like them. It is plenty capable. Get past the growing pains and it's going to be a great truck. But to each their own and I won't diss someone for buying a dodge. After all there I have two 6.7L Cummings in the family but you know more than everyone else apparently.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts

Its not the same amount. Every 2500 or F250 I looked at here in Ontario similar equipped to the titan was more money then the xd. At the same time the xd was only slightly more then a similar equipped ecodiesel.

Plus we are getting $1500 to $3000 rebates on the xd and another $1000 if you are a Nissan owner.

·
7 Posts
Honestly the only thing that will saves Nissan in the truck division, is the 1500 gasser!! I'm very surprised the entire truck division hasn't bee fired yet. The XD is terrible in every way

·
167 Posts
Honestly the only thing that will saves Nissan in the truck division, is the 1500 gasser!! I'm very surprised the entire truck division hasn't bee fired yet. The XD is terrible in every way
LOL, is this coming from experience? do you own one? Or do you just regurgitate others comments? Anyways this truck may not be for you, but several of us enjoy it very much.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Yes couldn't be happier with mine. Exceeded my expectations in every way.
I was nervous about diesel emissions but so far I average about 1400 km between regen, low consumption on def. Fuel economy better then expected.
Tows great and stable.
Quality of interior components.
When I'm town driving I often turn the radio off listen to the bi-turbo spooling.
It gets more attention then any vehicle I have owned.

·
43 Posts
Having mine for less than a week and 600 miles in I can say this is the nicest truck I've owned yet. I enjoy the purr of the diesel and the ride is 2nd to none. I have people stop in at my work everyday several times a day to ask me about it. The truck looks much better in person than any pictures out there. My dealer has called twice to make sure I'm satisfied. I'm mostly impressed with the interior and how solid it is. Absolutely zero rattles. I catch my self sometimes looking at the steering wheel and seeing the Nissan logo with disbelief they made something this nice. I have to say it's nice not seeing dozens and dozens of these on the road. I like being unique.

·
7 Posts
LOL, is this coming from experience? do you own one? Or do you just regurgitate others comments? Anyways this truck may not be for you, but several of us enjoy it very much.

Experience of owning NO. But....I have test drove 3 different models just to give it a fair shake. Yes I realize everyone has opinions on what is nice ETC, and that's great!! I own a titan and have done things in this truck, That nobody!!! has ever has done in a titan. I have been driving titans since 2006 and if my math is correct that's 10 years of loyalty to Nissan trucks. I just wanted to point that out incase anyone thinks I'm trolling.

Maybe its because I have been around so long, to see the constant failures of Nissan truck division. Nissan is so far behind the curve ''overall" its just tiring to watch. The impact they could have made by actually listening to customers would have been tremendous!!! But ultimately they failed again "BIG PICTURE". I don't expect you or anyone else to agree, this is my perspective from being in the game for so long.

I will say I'm excited for the 1500 to come out, at least that truck will somewhat compete for a couple years. It will be refreshing to 1500 owners that have been looking for NEW. But again the whole Nissan diesel program is a joke, and does not compete for the money with any brand.

·
772 Posts
Experience of owning NO. But....I have test drove 3 different models just to give it a fair shake. Yes I realize everyone has opinions on what is nice ETC, and that's great!! I own a titan and have done things in this truck, That nobody!!! has ever has done in a titan. I have been driving titans since 2006 and if my math is correct that's 10 years of loyalty to Nissan trucks. I just wanted to point that out incase anyone thinks I'm trolling.

Maybe its because I have been around so long, to see the constant failures of Nissan truck division. Nissan is so far behind the curve ''overall" its just tiring to watch. The impact they could have made by actually listening to customers would have been tremendous!!! But ultimately they failed again "BIG PICTURE". I don't expect you or anyone else to agree, this is my perspective from being in the game for so long.

I will say I'm excited for the 1500 to come out, at least that truck will somewhat compete for a couple years. It will be refreshing to 1500 owners that have been looking for NEW. But again the whole Nissan diesel program is a joke, and does not compete for the money with any brand.
big deal you put a TB spacer in the 5.6.:devil::devil: i kid i kid.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

Congrats on the new little one!

For you, I have to agree this truck is not made to rock the 1/4 :wink2:. However, for me, pulling that monster trailer and not white knuckling, will be mostly everything I need.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Titan and the power I put down, but it was mostly just to be sure that my truck lasted.

Hope you stick around and play with the new gasser :)

·
7 Posts
Congrats on the new little one!

For you, I have to agree this truck is not made to rock the 1/4 :wink2:. However, for me, pulling that monster trailer and not white knuckling, will be mostly everything I need.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Titan and the power I put down, but it was mostly just to be sure that my truck lasted.

Hope you stick around and play with the new gasser :)

Thanks Bud!! My opinions and reviews of this truck have nothing to do with racing of any kind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts