Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious question, is it more about the Truck or about the Engine. Toyota will be using the same ISV5.0 in the Tundra...

·
857 Posts
Great question.

To me it's more about the Cummins, if it wasn't for the diesel Cummins going into the Titan... I wouldn't even consider the Titan, probably the RAM 1500, or some other upcoming diesel truck. I think this will be the case for many.

Also it's this Cummins diesel that will really bring buyer volume to the Titan.

·
608 Posts
Yea, I wouldn't be interested in the Titan if it wasn't getting the Cummins engine. It's really the diesel that I'm most interested in. Hopefully the engine will raise the profile of the Titan and make it a better vehicle on its own merits though.

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, so if its the Cummins that is so important is the RAM 2500 also up for consideration for your dollars?

·
608 Posts
I'm just curious to see what Nissan does with the Titan before I make a decision. But those two are going to be the only trucks with diesel engines to choose from, so those are the two I'm considering. Pricing will be important to me.

·
857 Posts
yeah that's crazy, on the plus side it's good for nissan as they're making the new titan very capable but how many are going to find that to be overkill.

·
37 Posts
Interesting, so if its the Cummins that is so important is the RAM 2500 also up for consideration for your dollars?
Fiat have large Diesel engines to use in 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. There is a chance that RAM will stop using Cummins.

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fiat have large Diesel engines to use in 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. There is a chance that RAM will stop using Cummins.

Do you really think they will though? In the HD market that seems to be a valuable selling feature. Brand is brand and when it comes to diesels Cummins walks the walk right...

I'm just not completely convinced that RAM can continue to sell HD trucks at the same clip without the Cummins branding. But maybe thats not giving them enough credit...

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
664 Posts
Do you really think they will though? In the HD market that seems to be a valuable selling feature. Brand is brand and when it comes to diesels Cummins walks the walk right...

I'm just not completely convinced that RAM can continue to sell HD trucks at the same clip without the Cummins branding. But maybe thats not giving them enough credit...
I don't know the exact specifics of it, but when it was Daimler-Chrysler, Mercedes had a diesel engine they wanted to put into the Ram Truck. Dodge basically said no way, the Cummins saved our truck.

In the Northern Oilfields of British Columbia and Alberta, there is a growing number of Cummins powered Dodge Rams. Especially the current body style.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts