Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people don't erase the codes from the ecm take it to the dealer there could possibly be a tsb on it just saying.....................

·
165 Posts
Definitely not ! You can read it just for your own knowledge, but leave the code right there and drive straight to the dealer whilst it's on. That's their problem, not ours

·
412 Posts
Dealers can pull up codes even if they disappear. My truck is the reason people are getting updated software. Check engine light came on 3 times, but the last time it ended up shutting itself off before I got to the dealership and they were able to pull it up.

These trucks have black boxes in them. They're watching every move you make, like the GTRs.

·
927 Posts
Dealers can pull up codes even if they disappear. My truck is the reason people are getting updated software. Check engine light came on 3 times, but the last time it ended up shutting itself off before I got to the dealership and they were able to pull it up.

These trucks have black boxes in them. They're watching every move you make, like the GTRs.

The dealer can't necessarily pull the information once the light is out. If the code is erased then usually not. If the light is out, possibly. The engineers have programs to access far deeper hidden information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts