Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be aware that all emissions issues are covered by an 8 year - 100,000 mi "Federal Warranty". My 2016 had a DPF explode at 20K and it required an entire new exhaust system - 10K. At first the dealer acted as though this might be on me. As I researched emission claims I learned about the mandatory federal warranty for emission issues. My TitanXD (2016) currently has 26K miles. The exhaust can blow up several more times and it will not be on my dime.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DPF clogged - increased back pressure caused the DPF to explode - engine shut down - required new DPF, catalytic converter, and all associated sensors. Parts totaled +/- $8,000, and labor +/- $2000. My out of pocket $0.00. My truck - a 2016 that did not go into service (date sold) until November 2016 still has on year of the 5 year Nissan warranty remaining, and 4 more years of the Federal emissions warranty. I currently have 26,500 miles on the clock. If I keep the truck beyond the warranty period and were to encounter DPF issues I would remove both the DPF and the converter and go with a straight pipe and just a muffler.

·
127 Posts
How in the dickens did your DPF get so clogged that it exploded? Do you not do any highway driving and run regens through full cycles?

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive on the highway, as well as country roads (70 MPH) - 85+ on I-75 near Tampa on a regular basis. Truck goes into re-gen every +/- 300 miles. Since new this engine has received a new turbo, egr assembly, turbo sensor, and new exhaust system (all within the first 20K miles). It would appear that any profit either Nissan or Cummins thought they would make is rapidly dissipating. Lots of issues for a "medium duty" truck. Other than that I really like the vehicle. Mine is an SL - high end trim and accessories. Very comfortable vehicle to drive.

·
856 Posts
If you actually drive the truck they way you state you do, the DPF won’t get clogged.
Also, instead of being ‘okay with it blowing up 2-3 more times’, just get rid of all that junk equipment and tune that thing.

·
5 Posts
Be aware that all emissions issues are covered by an 8 year - 100,000 mi "Federal Warranty". My 2016 had a DPF explode at 20K and it required an entire new exhaust system - 10K. At first the dealer acted as though this might be on me. As I researched emission claims I learned about the mandatory federal warranty for emission issues. My TitanXD (2016) currently has 26K miles. The exhaust can blow up several more times and it will not be on my dime.
Certainly saved me..... I’m second owner - it had 24k when i got my 2016 last June. Now with 56k - i was towing my camper home when it started shifting odd, would not shift above 3rd then went into limp mode.... and this was not a certified purchase from Nissan - long story short - nissan diagnosed it as bad transfer case (??????) but covered it under warrantee ; just drove it home from the dealer in Tennessee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts