Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced a slight drift to the right? I took my Pro4X in to tweak the alignment, after alignment check, tire swap, pressure check, truck still drifts to the right. Told by service manager that truck was within alignment specs, and that Nissan is aware of some reports of XDs drifting to the right. Apparently, but not the case here, some have steering gear boxes with "excessive play" in them, others like mine have to be set to a "secret setting" that is only available through Nissan Engineers. I told him that I would go to the forum, get the settings and get them back to him, the dealership is really getting tired of getting first hand info from me that I get on here before the dealership finds out through Nissan. Keep up the good job everyone!

·
129 Posts
Yup mine does, I've had new wheels and tires put on last week and alignment checked and still have the slightest pull to the right on my pro4x as well. Let me know what your dealer says about it. Mine won't go in for another few weeks

·
147 Posts
Could it be road conditions? I have heard that narrow roads that slope to the right for drainage purposes can cause a vehicle to drift right but have never really paid attention to that...

·
27 Posts
I complained about the same thing. They lent me a frontier while they took care of the issue. The frontier had zero drift. I just got the truck back today. So far I have only driven it on a blvd but seems normal. Later today I will be on the hwy. They said they made an adjustment so shall see. It was not a hard pull but did aggravate me with new vehicle.

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could it be road conditions? I have heard that narrow roads that slope to the right for drainage purposes can cause a vehicle to drift right but have never really paid attention to that...
Not road conditions, flat, crowned, straight, curved, doesn't matter. Just a slight drift, not really a pull. Can maintain straight by hanging finger on steering wheel spoke. Taking back Tuesday morning when they can, and I quote, spend more time with it. At least they are putting me in a platinum Armada for the day.

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I complained about the same thing. They lent me a frontier while they took care of the issue. The frontier had zero drift. I just got the truck back today. So far I have only driven it on a blvd but seems normal. Later today I will be on the hwy. They said they made an adjustment so shall see. It was not a hard pull but did aggravate me with new vehicle.
What does it say on your service ticket as the repair action taken?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts