Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan showed a Driver Detection Alert system at the NYAS last week... I wonder if it will show up in XD as an option?

http://www.gizmag.com/2016-maxima-nissan-driverattention-alert/36831/

Falling asleep at the wheel is no joke and, according to the American Automobile Association, it results in 6,400 fatal crashes a year. A number of auto manufacturers are recognizing this problem and to mark Drowsy Driving Awareness Day on April 6, Nissan is presenting its Driver Attention Alert (DAA) system as part of the safety package for the 2016 Nissan Maxima, which is debuting at the New York International Auto Show.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
It's not a bad idea, but I grow weary of constant nannying in our lives, from seat belt buzzers to blind spot awareness. There was a time when you had to be qualified to drive, instead of having a machine pay attention to the dangers around you.

·
772 Posts
It's not a bad idea, but I grow weary of constant nannying in our lives, from seat belt buzzers to blind spot awareness. There was a time when you had to be qualified to drive, instead of having a machine pay attention to the dangers around you.
exactly. its all the idiots who try to drive who shouldn't be driving plus they are on their phones.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with both of you, but you know that this is useful. Drowsy driving is NASTY, I've done it a few more times then I would care for...

Can be quite freaky when you catch the back of your brain soothing the voice screaming WAKE UP into a gentle slumber.

·
665 Posts
I agree with both of you, but you know that this is useful. Drowsy driving is NASTY, I've done it a few more times then I would care for...

Can be quite freaky when you catch the back of your brain soothing the voice screaming WAKE UP into a gentle slumber.
Driving through the Rocky mountains, when the nods set in it's amazing how much a 15-20minute power nap can help. Longest stretch I've pulled off is 22hours straight. I was a complete wreck when I got home. Was gone for a month working, so made love to the wife then slept for two days straight.

·
88 Posts
I have a feeling this driver detection could get annoying. Also depending on how sensitive it is. I'd rather just be responsible and make sure i'm ready for any journey I take on.

·
665 Posts
Having the ability to turn it off will help but I have a feeling that will not happen at all due to the need this serves.
It doesn't serve any need, all it does is hold your hand. I'm an adult and if I can't tell when it's time to get off the road, I deserve the consequences of my failure. The risk of someone else falling asleep and colliding with me is the price of freedom, one I'm more than willing to accept.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If Nissan got the same memo as the big 3, it will be there. Pickup trucks are the newest and hottest luxury segment... Mercedes is in the game now ;)

Judging by whats going on the luxury sphere wizard gizmos/nannies = luxury

·
857 Posts
Mercedes entering the game is a serious move, never would have expected them to see the truck market having potential for them to fit in.

In before Audi, and BMW jump on board.

·
608 Posts
A friend of mine got in an accident recently from falling asleep at the wheel. It seems like something people should take care of by themselves but considering that they are putting themselves and others in danger, I think this is a technology that should be standard in all vehicles.

·
665 Posts
A friend of mine got in an accident recently from falling asleep at the wheel. It seems like something people should take care of by themselves but considering that they are putting themselves and others in danger, I think this is a technology that should be standard in all vehicles.
Freedom comes with risks but the nanny state loves attitudes like yours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts