Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 Pro4X Diesel. When I back in my trailer into my driveway and the trailer is on non level ground I notice that when I close my driver side door, the door feels like the door rubs on the latch and doesn't feel smooth like normal closing the door. The truck is at a little flex with weight on the trailer and the unlevel ground. Without the trailer the door closes normally and smoothly. Has anybody experience this where it feels like the door rubs on latch when truck flexes? Doesn't seem normal.

·
213 Posts
I haven't noticed that with my 7500# TT but I would expect a little flex in the frame. It could be that in your particular situation the stars have aligned just right (or not right) to cause your issue. My last Ford F250 used to twist between the cab and the bed so bad that I wasn't sure it would ever spring back to center again but it always did.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tom.
I haven't noticed that with my 7500# TT but I would expect a little flex in the frame. It could be that in your particular situation the stars have aligned just right (or not right) to cause your issue. My last Ford F250 used to twist between the cab and the bed so bad that I wasn't sure it would ever spring back to center again but it always did.
Thanks Tom. Just not sure why there would be that much flex to cause the striker on the door and or latch to move. My driveway isn't that steep. Mine seems to close back to normal once the Trailer and Truck are on level ground.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anybody experience this where the striker latch moves when Titan is flexing?

·
620 Posts
If the latch is moving, it’s loose. I don't see how the body would be that affected by flex, since it’s body-on-frame. If it was a unibody, I could see it. Sure the bed might look off from the cab while flexing, but that doesn’t mean the door opening should be misshaped.

Have you ruled out the latch or striker being misaligned when unloaded? Even if it’s slight?

I’ve never had this issue with either of my XDs.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I didn't mean it moves or is loose. Just thinking as the Truck flexes with weight of Trailer and the unlevel ground would cause either the striker or latch misaligned slightly. But not sure if that's normal or not?

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When it's unloaded or on level ground the door feels pretty solid and closed normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts