Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Driver Door Alignment With Travel Trailer

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  MelFeliXD 
#1 ·
I have a 16 Pro4X Diesel. When I back in my trailer into my driveway and the trailer is on non level ground I notice that when I close my driver side door, the door feels like the door rubs on the latch and doesn't feel smooth like normal closing the door. The truck is at a little flex with weight on the trailer and the unlevel ground. Without the trailer the door closes normally and smoothly. Has anybody experience this where it feels like the door rubs on latch when truck flexes? Doesn't seem normal.

#3 ·
I haven't noticed that with my 7500# TT but I would expect a little flex in the frame. It could be that in your particular situation the stars have aligned just right (or not right) to cause your issue. My last Ford F250 used to twist between the cab and the bed so bad that I wasn't sure it would ever spring back to center again but it always did.

#6 ·
If the latch is moving, it’s loose. I don't see how the body would be that affected by flex, since it’s body-on-frame. If it was a unibody, I could see it. Sure the bed might look off from the cab while flexing, but that doesn’t mean the door opening should be misshaped.

Have you ruled out the latch or striker being misaligned when unloaded? Even if it’s slight?

I’ve never had this issue with either of my XDs.

#9 ·
I brought it to the dealer and they said it is normal to feel the striker latch with that kind of weight on the back. Hopefully it doesn’t make it worse if I get a larger trailer? Just surprised that this type of minor Flex would cause any Flex on the doors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.