Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17 pro4x diesel and when towing my travel trailer I literally have to take my right shoe off and turn the ac on to the floor setting. This was when it was 75 degrees outside. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
17 pro4x diesel and when towing my travel trailer I literally have to take my right shoe off and turn the ac on to the floor setting. This was when it was 75 degrees outside. Anyone else experiencing this?

Nope. Tow my 11.5k fifth quite a bit in 100 plus ambient and never had that problem.
What's the weight on the TT and how are you towing? (In tow mode letting truck shift or are you manually shifting?) Also, as Frank asked, what are your trans temps running?

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Assuming everything is running as it should; have you crawled under to check for a possible missing heat shield?
That's a very good point. Wondering if all XD trim levels come with same heat rejection package and heat shields?
Question being ...was heat rejection sacraficed for "amenties" on higher trim levels?
I'm not educated enough on all the Nissan trim levels to know but am curious.

·
209 Posts
I tow a 7500# TT with my 2016 Pro 4X in Arizona heat without issue. Towed through Redding, CA last summer in 116 degree and no hot foot. Recently returned from a 7,525 mile trip to Maine and back towing my trailer with issue. I think you're missing a heat shield or not watching your trans temp. Downshifting manually on grades will make your trans happy. The diesel engine will pull a gear higher than the trans likes on steep grades.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope. Tow my 11.5k fifth quite a bit in 100 plus ambient and never had that problem.
What's the weight on the TT and how are you towing? (In tow mode letting truck shift or are you manually shifting?) Also, as Frank asked, what are your trans temps running?
7300 dry and 8500 gross bumper pull. Leave her in tow mode and let the truck do it's job.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Assuming everything is running as it should; have you crawled under to check for a possible missing heat shield?
That will be next.

Any luck on this? Also, wanted to ask,are you running any type of bug screens or a front receiver with any cargo in front of the truck and in front of the grill?
Just wondering if you might have any airflow restriction to the cooler?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts