Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove the XD gasser today. It was a loaded out pro4x. Nice truck, very responsive, nimble for a big truck. It has a great ride and the breaks felt very reassuring. It's much more quite than my old 06 LE, not as responsive but it's a much better truck. I liked the transmission. Sticker on the inside read 2094 lbs for payload.

Just quick and dirty review. I am interested in this and a ram 2500 6.4.

·
1 Posts
Drove both the gas and diesel..... bought the gas.....diesel that I drove seemed to be a complete Dogg, and the ride seemed very harsh. Got the Platinum Reserve ....super comfortable and quiet. Traded a 2013 Dodge Larimie, and I think that the Titan is exery bit as comfortable. Drove it about 60 miles home, and got 13.0 mpg. Hoping the mileage will do better in the future...

·
348 Posts
Did the same, drove three diesels, SV,SL, and platinum, then two Pro4x, bought the gas Pro4x, kept my 04 Titan for a work truck. When I want to drive a sporty truck, I jump in the 04. Love the Pro4x, will be hooking up in three weeks to see how she pulls.

·
48 Posts
Congrats, look forward to hearing more about your gas truck.
I have owned a bunch of Nissans through the years, and one thing I noticed is that the mileage was never amazing, or even equal to the competition, pretty much 20-22, mostly 20 pulling my plane, or empty, but the longevity, reliability, and durability were far ahead of everyone else.
Nissan seems to stick with the well proven philosophy of less power equals a much longer life.
When I bought my last Nissan truck, I heard, and read the reviews of the truck not being powerful enough, and everyone should buy the 6 cylinder.
All I know is that 16 years later, my little Nissan is still here, running fine, costing me nothing but gas, consumables ( tires, oil change, etc)
Nissan have always performed well for me, even if a bit slower off the line, and not exactly fuel mizers.

·
88 Posts
My diesel felt the same way, but after 5000 miles already, the engine has become louder and much more responsive after break in. And the fuel economy has improved drastically.

·
1,979 Posts
Congrats, look forward to hearing more about your gas truck.
I have owned a bunch of Nissans through the years, and one thing I noticed is that the mileage was never amazing, or even equal to the competition, pretty much 20-22, mostly 20 pulling my plane, or empty, but the longevity, reliability, and durability were far ahead of everyone else.
Nissan seems to stick with the well proven philosophy of less power equals a much longer life.
When I bought my last Nissan truck, I heard, and read the reviews of the truck not being powerful enough, and everyone should buy the 6 cylinder.
All I know is that 16 years later, my little Nissan is still here, running fine, costing me nothing but gas, consumables ( tires, oil change, etc)
Nissan have always performed well for me, even if a bit slower off the line, and not exactly fuel mizers.
Nissan has always been known to underrate their numbers & as far as mpgs go it's in line with toyota

·
904 Posts
My diesel felt the same way, but after 5000 miles already, the engine has become louder and much more responsive after break in. And the fuel economy has improved drastically.
My fuel economy and responsiveness not so much but at 4400 It is getting louder and clingity clangity more like a cummins.

·
78 Posts
Drove the new gasser xd the other day... was very impressed with the added horses and the new valving system...this powerplant will make the smaller 1/2 ton fly.. even with the xd lbs this unit moves pretty good.. not as quick off the line as the originals but once it's moving it climbs the speedo quite well.. and the stock sound was good enough to almost leave it alone as is.. but I probably won't lol

·
38 Posts
Looking to purchase by year's end. I like the idea of a million mile diesel vs. the gas model that I probably need.

The Titan XD Diesel if probably more truck than I need, but with the current rebates it's hard not to pay the extra to upgrade
over the smaller Tacoma, Canyon and Colorado.

·
1,979 Posts
Looking to purchase by year's end. I like the idea of a million mile diesel vs. the gas model that I probably need.

The Titan XD Diesel if probably more truck than I need, but with the current rebates it's hard not to pay the extra to upgrade
over the smaller Tacoma, Canyon and Colorado.
These are not the Diesels of yester year, there really isn't anything on diesel that will outlast a gasser at this point. Diesel's are great so don't get me wrong but they havery become extremely complicated and with that the reliability has suffered. When it comes to the XD there is minimal advantage with the Diesel. With that being said, really think about which one you want & how are you going to use it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts