Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck was a base PRO4X with cloth seats. The fuel mileage was much better than the first Platinum Reserve I drove a few weeks ago at 21 MPG. The suspension does soak up the road a little better and I liked that. The transmission did a weird brief 200 rpm jump between the 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 gear changes. Truck was black and gray...looked pretty good.

*So after driving the Titan XD I went and drove an F250 Crew, 4x4 Lariat and a Crew 2500 Chevy Z71 LTZ. The interior of the F250 was terrible! It drove good but the ride was harsh. No questions asked...worst interior on the market today. The Chevy had good power and the interior was very nice. Fuel mileage on the F250 was 16.5 .. Chevy was 18.2. The F250 was priced at $62780 out the door. The Chevy was $58890.22 out the door. PRO4X was $54,340 out the door. I priced a 2016 RAM 2500, 4x4 Crew, auto, Laramie Cummins at $54,527.89 out the door. The Platinum Reserve Titan on the same lot is at $64,998.76 out the door.

I would rank them all interior wise:
RAM Laramie
Chevy LTZ
Platnium Reserve
Pro4X
F250 Lariat

I rank them on daily drivability:
Chevy LTZ
Pro4X
Platinum Reserve
RAM Laramie
F250

Powertrain smoothness:
Chevy LTZ
F250
RAM Laramie
Platinum Reserve
Pro4X

I want to love the Pro4X ... With heated and cooled seats the Titan woud be up in the upper 50's out the door..... I just cannot justify that. If I could get into one for 50k out the door I would think about it.

Laramie RAM EcoDiesel, Crew, 4X4 ... out the door for $47,000

I need 20+ mpg unloaded...and will tow a 4500 pound boat or 6200 pound camper often.

GRRRRRRRRR

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I would almost say the ecodiesel would serve your purpose with a 3.92 axle. As long as 1350 lbs of payload would be enough for you.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
For me it was a little easier as the overall deal with my trade only worked out to be a few thousand more then the deal I was offered on an Ecodiesel. The Nissan dealer was much more generous with my trade value.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Payload is an issue as I will have my ATV at 680 pounds in the bed...tounge weight of the trailer at 10%...and 4 grown guys in the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Technically the xd won't do for you either in premium trim with the diesel. 700lb atv 650 tongue weight 800 lbs in guys plus gear. Your over 2000lb payload need. Maybe the gas xd might work or a 3/4 ton. I wouldn't wish the new F150 onto anyone.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested the F250 ... The interiors of the Lariat F150 was very nice. I did not drive one yesterday.

Looks like a RAM 2500 .. Solid front axle .. Laramie will be my next truck.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
The funny thing years ago. Payload was never really talked about. I never questioned having a snowmobile in the back, towing a trailer with another 4 on that. Having a truck full if guys and gear. It was a truck. I personally believe the titan can easily handle what you are needing. As it's more heavy duty then any half ton I have owned. But because the sticker says it can't, then it can't.

·
22 Posts
Guys this truck will haul a four wheeler and 4 passengers with ease ! I don't understand all this talk about it can't do this and it can't don't that ! Adding up numbers and things ! Drive the truck and load it up ! I see them everyday and build them ! Very capable trucks! More than any half ton and is built just as good as 3/4 tons and such ! Granted I wouldn't go over 15 thousand with this truck hauling ! It's purpose was not to compete or do what the bigger trucks do ! But for what y'all want it for it will do it and then a whole lot more ! Drive is comfy and gets descent fuel mileage ! 15 to 21 depending how you drive them !

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hardest thing for me is justifying price. The Pro4X with heated and cooled seats is more expensive out the door compared to the RAM 2500 Laramie, heated and cooled seats with rear air bag load leveling suspension.... 380 hp and 800 tq .. Better Warranty and gets same mileage when driven the same.
I will be buying in March and think I will try to haggle a gray Pro4X down to the low 50's or I'll purchase the RAM.

·
929 Posts
Guys this truck will haul a four wheeler and 4 passengers with ease ! I don't understand all this talk about it can't do this and it can't don't that ! Adding up numbers and things ! Drive the truck and load it up ! I see them everyday and build them ! Very capable trucks! More than any half ton and is built just as good as 3/4 tons and such ! Granted I wouldn't go over 15 thousand with this truck hauling ! It's purpose was not to compete or do what the bigger trucks do ! But for what y'all want it for it will do it and then a whole lot more ! Drive is comfy and gets descent fuel mileage ! 15 to 21 depending how you drive them !

The issue isn't really whether or not the truck can handle it or not, because it can . The problem lies in the fact that if you get stopped in a safety blitz and are exceeding weight limits then you will be paying for it. This may not be an issue where you live but up here it does happen.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Yep ran into it with my 2.7 f150. Pulled over towing my travel trailer first thing opened my door looked at payload sticker, then looked at travel trailer weight. Counted passengers. Then I was told I was getting a warning. They knew I was over but without taking me to a scale. There would be no exact number. So just a warning. I didn't even think of it as I figured new alum ford with the lightest engine. Would have almost 2000lbs payload but apparently it only had 1300lbs.

·
22 Posts
Yeah it's not a problem where I live ! Never heard of so much calculating numbers and passengers though ! Not making fun though ! Only people they stop here are 18 wheelers ! We just load her up and go !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts