Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving up to ZDayZ and Gatlinburg in about a week and half and I was hoping to due the service after that but it looks like I'll be getting fresh oil and immediately putting a road trip on it haha oh well

I spoke to the dealership a couple weeks ago and let them know so they could make sure they had everything they needed to complete the service. Supposedly they had tons of fuel filters but not the oil so they ordered that for me. This will be their first XD oil change. People new to diesels like myself need to check service points to make sure everything is getting done as suggested by the service manual. For example, everyone tells me the fuel filters need to be replaced at every oil change and that's new to me but it's in the manual so I'm making sure they do that, tire rotation, drain the water separator, and of course change the oil filter.

Attachments

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are running the dragon in your xd? Lol

Its a blast up there. Use to take my z every year.
Yes haha. We will only be there for a few hours. I just want to show the wife the road. I took my 370Z up there 2 years ago and it was a blast

Attachments

·
70 Posts
Anyone know what type oil comes from the factory...Syn or conventional???
Been checking the shelf's around town and all I see for diesel rated oils are Syn.....

Thanks.....

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I'm at Naples Nissan right now and they're doing the "free" oil change and changing the fuel filters and rotating tires and it's still costing over $300!

The fuel filters are $31 and $55 and then apparently labor is $200 or so! Then $30 tire rotation. They're charging 1.7 hours of labor for the fuel filter replacement. I hope it actually takes that long. Going to look into doing this myself in the future.

·
1,265 Posts
So the free service isn't really free???? Hmm.... I guess I'll be doing my own after all.

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the oil change was free, not the fuel filters.

They gave me a slight discount to soften the burn but still came to $288 to rotate the tires and change out both fuel filters.

·
919 Posts
I believe we are charging 1.0 hour labour to change the filters. A month ago the cost of the filters up here were $88 and $112 if my memory is correct.

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The service director did mention that Nissan tends to drop prices after more vehicles are on the road. Right now they're rather limited.

·
919 Posts
The service director did mention that Nissan tends to drop prices after more vehicles are on the road. Right now they're rather limited.
When we received our first XD we checked the price of the filters and they were both listed at $145.00. So they have dropped since then. Our parts prices up here are always higher. We had a customer with a older Maxima that needed a MAF sensor. He had one shipped from a Texas dealer for around $100.00. Up here the list was around $600.00.

·
857 Posts
Another thing to do is check with brands that offer OEM spec maintenance parts, best way to go if you want the cheapest out there, its usually the way some people go with short-term ownership.

·
257 Posts
Kicking this thread alive again.

Anybody know if the dealers are still trying to rape us on oil/fuel filter changes? When I first bought my truck they told me the cost for this service was $492. Granted, this was in July of 2016. I'm wondering if they've lowered the prices to more reasonable levels. Sounds like Footloose got out the door at a lower price in Naples (just down the road from me in Ft. Myers).

·
73 Posts
I've never trusted stealerships. I've had them use the wrong parts and fluids to many times or they'll make up an imaginary problem so they can steal from you. If you don't believe me just go to Youtube and enter Nightline Mechanic caught. Changing the oil and all the filters is really simple. I'll use only Valvoline Premium Blue (Cummins recommends it for our engines) because it leaves very, very low ash (good for your DPF). I'll also change all fluids, engine oil, transmission fluid, diff oil, power steering fluid and brake fluid after the first 2000 miles to clear out any brake-in debris. Then I do maintenance as scheduled thereafter.

·
44 Posts
I had the oil & fuel filters changed in my XD last week and it cost me $340 total. For the fuel filters, the dealer chargerd me $128 for labor and $58 & $40 for the filters ($226). For the oil, they charged me $12 for the filter, and $45 for 3 gallons of Mobil 1300 Delvac oil & $30 for labor. Unfortunately, what pissed me off was them charging $30 for adding DEF fluid when I added 2.5 gallons maybe 300 miles before going in for the oil change.

·
44 Posts
Did you ask them to fill the def? If not then your not responsible for paying for it
I honestly don't remember, but I will make a mental note and tell them not to fill it next time. I wouldn't even care if they didn't price gouge me on maybe 1 or 2 gallons of DEF fluid when everything else was reasonably priced. For $30, this better be some magical cat p!ss.

·
257 Posts
Well, I just got back from Sutherlin Nissan of Ft. Myers - where I was quoted $592 for an oil change, fuel filter change, and tire rotation. I told them that they are completely out of their minds, and that they should be embarrassed to be quoting people prices like these. I told them that Nissan of Naples recently charged someone that I know from a Titan XD forum $288 for the exact same service. Even though I've got $969 in One-To-One awards points with this dealer, I can't bring myself to having to "bite hard on the pillow".

I'm having my local mechanic who has done all my work in the past do it. I'll save the One-to-one points for things like tire rotations and alignments.

·
128 Posts
Was recently quoted $397 + tax for fuel filter change at Jeff Wyler Kings Nissan in Cincinnati. Although, the service writer said that they are currently reviewing the price and will adjust it accordingly.

In the meantime, I visited two other non-Nissan dealer places that are local and they both told me that it was crazy to change diesel fuel filters every 10K miles. Both pretty much agreed that 25K-30K is more appropriate.

Since this is my first diesel, I am really not sure what to do. It seems to me that the 10K interval for filters may be too aggressive?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts