Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
181 - 200 of 222 Posts

2019 Titan XD Pro4X Cummins
82 Posts
Some more pictures, from Wheelers kit. I did replace all the grade 5 hardware from Wheelers kit with yellow grade 8 flange bolts and locking flange nuts so I didn’t have to deal with a bunch of washers and lock washers. These 6 bolts/nuts can be seen in the pictures:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

82 Posts
Here are some helpful tips for install:
1) take your time, it took me about 4.5 hours but I also cleaned the inside of the factory air charge tube of soot
2) the heat shields above the up pipe and turbos are sharp, my hands were all cut up
3) be CAREFUL around the turbo actuator rod while removing the short exhaust pipe under the intake manifold, and MAKE SURE your bolt/nut closest to the turbo actuator rod is short enough and doesn’t make contact or interfere with the up/down motion of the actuator rod while installing the block off plate!
3) you will need to drain approximately 2.5-3 gallons of antifreeze from the engine to do this install
4) remember, most of the sensor plugs do not just pull off, you MUST push in the RED locking tabs on the wiring female plugs prior to releasing and pulling the plugs off
5) the EGR assembly must be removed as a whole unit by pulling the unit straight out towards the coolant reservoir tank (there is a small tube in the back of the EGR connected to the intake manifold that is a pain, just pull and wiggle it and the oring on the short tube will release
6) have a magnet retrieval tool on hand to pick up the metal parts you drop in the engine valley.
7) use RTV on both sides of the provided coolant bypass block gasket and let it dry while working on the other sections of the install
Good luck

1 Posts
Hello Wheeler, I am interested in a kit, what is your current price (or is it the same as previous pages in the post) and what is the current eta for new orders? My egr cooler is leaking and im not going to spend 2500 on parts / labor.

2 Posts
Good Job Wheeler. Ill PM you. Will buy one asap. Located in Edmonton. Can they ship directly here or you have to buy and ship if its within Canada?

168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
So small delay in shipping this time around. After next week stock should be flowing smoothly again. I had a guy (from the FB Page) send me a video of his install, he’s super pumped & happy with the kit.

Thanks to all for the support!

Cheers!

58 Posts
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Car

Another successful EGR modification using Wheeler’s kit. I have very basic mechanical skills so I went very slow as to not break anything. Took me several hours but when I was done everything worked and nothing was broken. 😀
Highly recommend to those who are considering such an improvement.

168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Glad to see more happy customers!!!

Again, to the couple of people waiting on the kits, I sincerely apologize, but have reached out & let everyone know here there was a lil 2 week delay & im hoping It’s all sorted out this week like I was told it would be.

Thanks for your patience & understanding.

For the one gentleman who has been very understanding, I told him I am tossing in a prepaid Cummins oil sample kit, & Grafix615 Grill decal.

Cheers!

82 Posts
View attachment 48111

Another successful EGR modification using Wheeler’s kit. I have very basic mechanical skills so I went very slow as to not break anything. Took me several hours but when I was done everything worked and nothing was broken. 😀
Highly recommend to those who are considering such an improvement.
Looks like you painted your Cummins plate like mine! Looks good!

181 - 200 of 222 Posts