Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
10 Posts
Been a heck of a day, didn't end up getting elbow deep in engine bay until this afternoon because some emergency repairs showed up in the shop.

I have disassembled all necessary components that are needed for templating and prototyping.

I will include some photos below but its the same engine bay that y'all have, nothing new yet.

I have designed block off plates that will be drilled and tapped to accept stock bolts on both three bolt flanges and use the stock gaskets.

In regards to the charge tube I will be prototyping a few designs and mocking them up to see which I prefer and think will be the best option. I am leaning towards an aluminum plug with O-ring land (groove) virtually identical to the stock tube design and a bracket that will pick up the 4 bolt holes that used to hold the valve onto the charge tube. Challenging to explain without drawing it out, for those of you who are lost don't feel bad, I'll have pictures in the next day or two of my design in action.

This vehicle, since it's only used on the farm, has already had the coolant bypassed using the CFT parts. I have some ideas floating around on how to create my own bypass system that should be a fraction of the cost of CFT. I will work on this after I have more storage space and have tested block offs and plug that I'm currently working on.

If anyone had ideas or cautions about what I'm doing I'm all ears.

Stay tuned!

·
10 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Gas Auto part Automotive air manifold

This is the before shot. Notice the coolant is already bypassed on EGR. This was accomplished with CFT's adapter plate follow the coolant lines and you will see it. The block off also requires a plug which is located just to the right and up a little in picture(has rusted allen head bolt)
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design

Charge tube has been removed. EGR removed. I won't go into detail, pretty straight forward, lots of write ups in here about how to get this done.
Gesture Gas Auto part Wrist Metal

This is where EGR used to dump into charge tube. This will be plugged off with an aluminum plug using stock O-ring. See below for what original tube that connected EGR and charge tube looks like. Others have write ups on how to cut and weld a cap on this tube but I feel that is out of reach for so many weekend mechanics. (Welding stainless steel requires special filler metals, shielding gas, etc. )
Hand Automotive tire Fluid Drinkware Finger

Automotive tire Gas Wood Nut Household hardware

This is flange that is located on Y pipe at turbo hot side under intake manifold. I will be using this as a template for my block off plate design. Going to use 1/2" plate and drill and tap so I can reuse factory hardware. With the amount of heat these plates will be feeling it's critical give them some mass(thickness) to prevent warping and leaking in future.

Hood Automotive tire Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel

This is picture of Y pipe at turbo(probably called something else by someone who engineered it) This will be blocked off.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

This flange on the passenger side up pipe will receive the same treatment, 1/2" block off plate drilled and tapped for stock hardware. This will not be the most aesthetically pleasing but accomplishes the job and doesn't cost $1,000.
Gesture Finger Helmet Rim Bicycle part

This is gasket from flange pictured above and will be used as template for block off plate.

As I said above, I am open to suggestions and criticism if it's constructive. Hopefully, I'll have parts machined by tomorrow afternoon for another update!

Stay tuned!

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Sorry guys. I failed u all. But reason being, the kit is cheaper than I can build it for. 500cnd or roughly 375usHowever the Canadian Dealer won’t ship state side. But.. I’ll gladly buy them & ship them if u want .. here’s my rig….

Attachments

·
506 Posts
Sorry guys. I failed u all. But reason being, the kit is cheaper than I can build it for. 500cnd or roughly 375usHowever the Canadian Dealer won’t ship state side. But.. I’ll gladly buy them & ship them if u want .. here’s my rig….
So you’re saying $375 for the entire egr delete kit? Up pipe and all? If so buy it and send it

·
10 Posts
Alright, I finally got around to completing the block off kit.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

This is the charge tube block off and retaining plate.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design

This is the block off for up pipe with stabilizer (Thanks for pointing out the need wheeler!)

The third block off is located under intake manifold and near impossible to see.

If your interested in a kit like this for your off road rig message me.

Block off kit $500
includes:

1- up pipe block off
1- exhaust block off under intake manifold
1- charge tube plug
1- charge tube block off/retaining plate

Optional:

Coolant bypass kit $350
Includes:

1- blank plug and retainer
2- 5/16 hose adapter plugs with retainer.
1- 5/16 barb tee
2’ 5/16 hose
3- 5/16 hose spring clips

I have not fabricated coolant bypass yet but have a design on paper.

I would like to do a limited production run so let me know if you’re interested.

Not sure how to take payment and make everyone comfortable? Open to ideas…

·
506 Posts
IF you’re being real and legit, I’ll buy the full kit block off and oil by pass once you get a completed system I can see. If you have PayPal or Venmo I can send you money that way. I’m just hard with trusting people with my money, is there anyway you could ship the kit, show me the shipping receipt then I pay?

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Sorry I was in the bush deer hunting for last 11 days. Yes. Roughly 375 us for entire kit from the Canadian dealer. I have to buy it, have it shipped to my place. Then ship from me. I can attest it’s a legit kit. ONLY thing I modified was the outlet flange. It was a round hole. I had it modified to match our flange for better flow.

glad to help on the bracket as u WILL need it!

·
10 Posts
What exactly does this kit come with?

I am working on a coolant bypass design as I said above when have a complete “kit” together to go from stock to delete(minus tune) I’ll post some pictures. This kit will also come with detailed instructions for installation.

Stay tuned.

·
10 Posts
Things have been quite hectic around the shop lately. Finishing up the parts this week here is a photo of the plug/ adapters and I already posted the block off plates. Decided to do a little different design than the competition and think y’all will be happy with the finish look of these!
Circle Jewellery Font Electric blue Metal

Adapters still need to be threaded for 1/8” pipe but almost done. Kits should be ready to go some time next week.

Stay tuned!

·
6 Posts
I'm down to buy that black kit from the dealer through you. Almost identical to what I was going to have made locally but this way I won't have downtime. PM me and we can work out the details.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts