Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
2 Posts
Just got the email. I’ll have 4 here tomorrow or next day latest. I have one gent who says he wants one for sure. I have messaged two others who wanted one. I’ll be in touch with those who messaged me…
Good find Wheeler. I've been following this thread for a while and glad its moving now. I like to put my name on the list. Please message me to let me know how I can take care of the payment.

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Just picked up the 4 kits. I’ve messaged the first 4 that messaged me in that order. I’ll give them a bit of time to reply. If not I’ll move on.

i just noticed that they are getting better. They have now added a gasket for the coolant bypass. No more rtv required.

ChgoTitan XD I’ll keep u posted.

Attachments

·
2 Posts
Just picked up the 4 kits. I’ve messaged the first 4 that messaged me in that order. I’ll give them a bit of time to reply. If not I’ll move on.

i just noticed that they are getting better. They have now added a gasket for the coolant bypass. No more rtv required.

ChgoTitan XD I’ll keep u posted.
Thank you and please let me know.

·
14 Posts
In desperate need of EGR delete. Already replaced EGR once now need to replace turbos at 160k miles. Want to do EGR at same time replacing turbos. Truck has been deleted for 40k miles.

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Please all be patient. I have more coming.. fingers crossed I can have them this week. I’ve wrote down everyone’s name in order & messaged everyone back who has contacted me.

·
5 Posts
Please all be patient. I have more coming.. fingers crossed I can have them this week. I’ve wrote down everyone’s name in order & messaged everyone back who has contacted me.
I’m super interested in a kit! Have a 2016 have all ready destroyed turbos been deleted for the pass 40k miles and need to ditch the egr completely! Same thing happen to my dads 2017 deleted for 30k miles and he also went thru turbos! With that being said we both will take kits when available!

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
1,026 Posts
not at all lol, both mine and my dads ate the small turbos and let me tell you what a mess! Fills the intercooler full of oil etc! Really wanted to do a single turbo kit but CFT wants $7k NO THANKS!
Properly driven there is no reason these turbos shouldn't last the life of the truck. On deleted trucks the turbos are massively over driven, so seeing over speed on the small turbo is extremely likely. The PID loop for the rotary valve generally is not setup correctly either, which causes oscillation.

I've turned my turbos down, I see a peak of ~20psig now and I try to let the small turbo come up naturally without the restriction of the rotary valve. I was running a 0hp tune, my truck is deleted, and I was seeing 1psig at idle and would peak around 30psig, with a drive pressure north of 60psig. Without the egr, that's also overloading the compressor, as it's moving up to 30% more mass than it was designed to.

The other factor is there is a transition zone from around 1800-2400rpm where the majority of the mass airflow is handed off to the low pressure turbo. On the stock maps there is a big dip in the requested boost level in this area, I surmise to help prevent over spinning the small turbo.

·
5 Posts
Properly driven there is no reason these turbos shouldn't last the life of the truck. On deleted trucks the turbos are massively over driven, so seeing over speed on the small turbo is extremely likely. The PID loop for the rotary valve generally is not setup correctly either, which causes oscillation.

I've turned my turbos down, I see a peak of ~20psig now and I try to let the small turbo come up naturally without the restriction of the rotary valve. I was running a 0hp tune, my truck is deleted, and I was seeing 1psig at idle and would peak around 30psig, with a drive pressure north of 60psig. Without the egr, that's also overloading the compressor, as it's moving up to 30% more mass than it was designed to.

The other factor is there is a transition zone from around 1800-2400rpm where the majority of the mass airflow is handed off to the low pressure turbo. On the stock maps there is a big dip in the requested boost level in this area, I surmise to help prevent over spinning the small turbo.
Thanks for the info! Both of ours blew up while towing up a grade so turbos where definitely getting over worked! Did you tube your truck yourself? I’d love to turn the boost down to not have small turbo blow up again

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
1,026 Posts
Thanks for the info! Both of ours blew up while towing up a grade so turbos where definitely getting over worked! Did you tube your truck yourself? I’d love to turn the boost down to not have small turbo blow up again
I am working on my own tune… it’s taken me almost a year so far and it’s not complete, but at least I’ve got my turbos turned down.

·
5 Posts
I am working on my own tune… it’s taken me almost a year so far and it’s not complete, but at least I’ve got my turbos turned down.
Might need to talk to my tuner and see if he could turn it down that’s one thing I stress about is the turbo wish there was more company’s making turbos kits etc for our trucks would love to go to a single turbo cause this thing tows like a freight train for sure

101 - 120 of 121 Posts