Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m wondering about egr deletes. With all the fuss that’s going on the kits are hard to find now. I’m wondering if it has the tunes installed, is the egr bypassed. Would I have to bother with removing it or unplugging anything, after the fact. On the dodge engine it was fine just being bypassed. I read there are some plugs to unhook if it isn’t being used.

·
2016 PR 5.0, CTT
4 Posts
Hey guys I’m wondering about egr deletes. With all the fuss that’s going on the kits are hard to find now. I’m wondering if it has the tunes installed, is the egr bypassed. Would I have to bother with removing it or unplugging anything, after the fact. On the dodge engine it was fine just being bypassed. I read there are some plugs to unhook if it isn’t being used.
It all depends what tune you get. In Canada, where there aren't the same regulations as the US the tune can simply close the EGR valve 100%.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
711 Posts
The coolant still runs through the egr cooler, but the valve is closed with the tune. Less chance of the cooler cracking since there are no exhaust gasses running through it. There are 2 plugs on the egr system that can and should be unplugged and capped off.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok perfect thanks guys. It does have the PD tunes. I’ll get it unplugged when I get home next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts