Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I deleted my EGR last night/early this morning, I made the mistake of working 12 hours and then coming home late and starting this project, I dropped the aluminum coolant plug down behind the crank pulley as well as a couple bolts, thank God for my fiber-optic camera and magnetic probe otherwise I would’ve never found and and could’ve caused something catastrophic, not to mention I would’ve had to rig something in Lou of the plug, overall it was an easy install just tedious, not to mention having a lifted truck without a topside creeper can be a bit of a bitch. This is complemented well with my wicked wheel and intake, all in all I will still probably be putting a different turbo on in the future. I’m at 102,000 miles with only one issue which was the turbo actuator, and even that was a relatively cheap and easy fix.
FEF89DA2-6C2B-452A-9377-B11EAF0DB4E9.jpeg

FEF89DA2-6C2B-452A-9377-B11EAF0DB4E9.jpeg
C813A7BF-5E91-4DF1-A2B1-F2A844E69552.jpeg

·
86 Posts
So I deleted my EGR last night/early this morning, I made the mistake of working 12 hours and then coming home late and starting this project, I dropped the aluminum coolant plug down behind the crank pulley as well as a couple bolts, thank God for my fiber-optic camera and magnetic probe otherwise I would’ve never found and and could’ve caused something catastrophic, not to mention I would’ve had to rig something in Lou of the plug, overall it was an easy install just tedious, not to mention having a lifted truck without a topside creeper can be a bit of a bitch. This is complemented well with my wicked wheel and intake, all in all I will still probably be putting a different turbo on in the future. I’m at 102,000 miles with only one issue which was the turbo actuator, and even that was a relatively cheap and easy fix.
View attachment 46325
View attachment 46325 View attachment 46326
Man how is the wicked wheels? And was the install hard?

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man how is the wicked wheels? And was the install hard?
Wasn’t that difficult, had to have them turned by a machine shop, I had my EGR removed a couple years prior to this but it was a custom done by a shit Diesel shop and they fucked it up, Block off plates leaked and I ended up with a small crack in the factory downpipe, so I had them put the cooler back on... there is no difference in power with the wicked wheel, sounds really cool and there’s a noticeable turbo flutter that sounds cool. Overall it wasn’t worth the time and money if I’m just being honest. The new EGR delete and piping was well worth the hassle, my intake was disgusting, EGR kills these trucks, I’ve been deleted since the first thousand miles put on my truck and the intake was still atrocious, that tells me that even turned off and turned out the EGR still pumps exhaust gas into the intake....

·
86 Posts
Wasn’t that difficult, had to have them turned by a machine shop, I had my EGR removed a couple years prior to this but it was a custom done by a shit Diesel shop and they fucked it up, Block off plates leaked and I ended up with a small crack in the factory downpipe, so I had them put the cooler back on... there is no difference in power with the wicked wheel, sounds really cool and there’s a noticeable turbo flutter that sounds cool. Overall it wasn’t worth the time and money if I’m just being honest. The new EGR delete and piping was well worth the hassle, my intake was disgusting, EGR kills these trucks, I’ve been deleted since the first thousand miles put on my truck and the intake was still atrocious, that tells me that even turned off and turned out the EGR still pumps exhaust gas into the intake....
Good to know. I just got a tune and a 5” exhaust. Been done for 15k miles now. I haven’t got the full thing yet. Planning on doing it this Christmas with the intake and intercooler piping. I wanna just do it all at once. I know it’ll good great.

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know. I just got a tune and a 5” exhaust. Been done for 15k miles now. I haven’t got the full thing yet. Planning on doing it this Christmas with the intake and intercooler piping. I wanna just do it all at once. I know it’ll good great.
I wouldn’t have waited as long as I did had I known the shit being pumped into my engine

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
729 Posts
Wish someone else would come out with the egr kits. Cft prices almost tripled since he first made them. Competition would've helped

·
86 Posts
Wish someone else would come out with the egr kits. Cft prices almost tripled since he first made them. Competition would've helped
I bet if you go to a custom diesel shop, you’d build you one. Wouldn’t be any cheaper, but if something happened to it, they’d fix it. CFT won’t back his product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts