Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to the dealer again. My tailgate is not unlocking at all.

Also replacing engine wire harness that was damaged in earlier alternator issue.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kraftee thanks for info, Just stopped in and spoke to my mechanic at Nissan. He was actually working on tailgate. Showed me the parts that are malfunctioning. Neither manual or electric lock worked. He had to dis-assemble tailgate while closed and locked. Good thing I haven;t put a locking cover on yet. Mechanic said very poorly engineered, will definitely be a future recall for a new design.

·
22 Posts
What parts did he show you? Neither the electric nor manual locks worked on mine - same as yours. I had to push and tug and swear and sweat and lock and unlock over and over to finally get it open so that I could disassemble it. Once apart, did a little head-scratching to figure it out and then it was easy to see how to fix it. Did your mechanic actually fix the issue? Or order more parts?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Showed me a black plastic D looking piece, it was moving but not enough to cycle the pin far enough to let the locking mechanism dis-engage. When looking at the mechanism (best I can say it looked like a rivet moving in a channel. when all the way to one side of channel it's locked. it would only slide half way down the channel to the spot that would be unlocked, and came to rest in the middle.

·
22 Posts
Exactly. If you look at my pictures and post on the other thread I sent the link to, you will see that black "D" piece. The reason it's not sliding is that the two pieces of metal that sandwich it are not parallel. A flat blade screwdriver will open up the pinched end of the sandwich and let it slide perfectly. Or you could wait for Nissan to send you another one that is probably mismanufactured too.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kraftee, told mechanic about your fix and where it is posted. He already heated and altered the D ring thing, says it works now, did some other adjustments too in the handle actuators. Truck's main harness replacement took longer than expected, okay with me, want it done right. So kept the truck tonight, said new tailgate assembly should be in tomorrow, if that's the case they are going to put that in before I get the truck tomorrow also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts