Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
91 Posts
Final and confirmed details on pricing, specs, features and options.

Also the driving impression. How does it compare? The sad thing is though - all the "first drive" reviews we'll be exposed to will have been setup by Nissan in their limited testing environments. It will still be a month before we get the real opinions, when the journalists have the opportunity to put the truck through their own tests. (i.e. Ike gauntlet, MotorWeek, DrivingTelevision, etc...) Oh, and can't forget the test drive reviews of potential customers like me!

I'll just be really disappointed if it's a disappointment. I've waited sooooo long for this, choosing to hold onto my current truck a little longer...I just hope the resale value I've lost by doing that has been worthwhile.

·
38 Posts
5:55 am ET can't come soon enough! Towing and empty mpg, pricing, and cost of accessories. Can't wait to see tfl truck's off-road and towing review.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Rear end options to increase towing !
Don't see this happening. Look at current generation. Something nissan has done right even a 10 yr old power plant with almost 100 less hp then alot of the competition still out performs alot of the new trucks when pulling. Especially since all the xd's were designed to pull.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I have a copy of the Canadian order guide. But no pricing. But interesting enough, as far as initial canadian launch only sv premium, all pro-4x variants and platinum available. SL is late availability along with S and base of SV.

·
570 Posts
@forousbudy: The ratio looks to be a 3.92 which is rather stout.

Most are really looking towards pricing now. $47k for a Pro4-x would be nice.

·
6 Posts
I've seen you guys keep talking about this "embargo", but forgive my ignorance please. What is this embargo and who does it involve?

·
50 Posts
I've seen you guys keep talking about this "embargo", but forgive my ignorance please. What is this embargo and who does it involve?
Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) lifts at 5:55am Nov 15th. Believe EST. So journalists etc will be able to give their reviews and opinions on it, not just what Nissan has trickled out for information.

The Nissan news site (linked below) does have information, but prior to the NDA, who knows how accurate. My guess, fairly accurate. Also pricing, they'd better have some pricing.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2016-nissan-titan-xd-press-kit

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Okay I had high hopes for the xd, after not being happy with my 2015 f150 and having had great experience owning a 2012 titan. But having quickly shot through all the reviews, it doesn't sound like it excels at anything but weight? But not seeing confirmed pricing yet. So maybe there still is hope of getting a well built rugged truck built to last at a great price?
I for one don't mind the look of xd. But hearing a few comments in the tests, is the non xd will look different according to nissan. So now in away they are admitting they might have not got the look right either.
The proto I saw got decent mpg and if pricing is aggressive I'm still on board, but for the masses it's not sounding so great.

·
24 Posts
The pricing seems set to me. i have seen from several places now that the base will start at 40k, the Pro 4x at 50k and the PR at 60k. One of the reviews i watched testing the Pro 4x loaded they said that it would cost about 55k. Pricing is going to kill the XD i believe.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
The pricing seems set to me. i have seen from several places now that the base will start at 40k, the Pro 4x at 50k and the PR at 60k. One of the reviews i watched testing the Pro 4x loaded they said that it would cost about 55k. Pricing is going to kill the XD i believe.
MSRP is one thing but incentives can be a whole other thing.

·
11 Posts
I have found 15 f250 powerstrokes 4x4 leather loaded for 52k
15 ram Longhorn diesel 4x4 for 55k
My guess is they must have rebates off the bat to be competitive. I will most likely op for the ram , I just had a ford. Without power folding mirrors and a sunroof its no justified to spend anything over 52k without a fully load truck.

·
22 Posts
I know it's still early in the non disclosure agreement but I was hoping for some solidified pricing on Nissan's website. I agree with the numbers above, at current price points of other manufacturers (combined with incentives) it's going to be tough to enter the game with a new truck when you have proven platforms at the same price point (3/4 ton market) and more capability.

·
363 Posts
Some items from Pickuptruck's review stand out. They don't say it but I think the tow #'s are a half-ton best in class at 12.3k lbs.

They question it's excess weight. Some downsides known before: gawdy/Chinese-like looks, poor tow mirrors, no exhaust brake, 26 gal fuel tank, but cruise control functioning not being integrated with transmission grade braking is a bummer that hopefully is an easy fix.

It drives nice with a quiet, comfortable interior. I didn't catch fuel #'s.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts