Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a 19 SV midnight and recently purchased the Proven Diesel tuning with EZ Lynk. I loaded the 60hp tune and have ran it for about 10 days/500 miles. i went with this setup after reading the “Tuned but not deleted” thread Gary posted awhile back. Here are my results at this point:

The Good
-plenty of increased power/response
-mpg’s are the same or better. Average about 18.5 on my 30 mile commute to work

The Bad
-P2OFF comes on every time I start the truck
-no DEF screen in the display
-got a ⚠ light at about 400 miles. I returned the truck to stock and DEF screen came back and showed less than 20%. I had just refilled the tank prior to installing the tune, so I went through over 3/4 tank of DEF in 500 miles
-EGR remains active. I didn’t specificallly request it be turned off... just assumed that was standard

They have been super responsive working the MIL and once that is figured out... move onto the high DEF usage and possibly EGR deactivate. My question is are others running the PD emissions ON tune seeing this type of high DEF usage and have lost the screen on their display?

Thanks

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gary. I am going to run the truck stock for a bit and see if it’s still guzzling DEF. If it runs fine, I will try the SOTF and reload, if needed. Seems odd my truck would have an issue the same day I tuned but stranger sh*t has happened.

Did you specifically request EGR off? Any other specific adjustments to your tune? My goal is to get my XD running like yours(y)

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Returned back to stock and normal DEF usage with no codes. Let PD know and they revised my tunes with a P2OFF update. Seems the P2OFF is something they are needing to do on 19’s.

I decided to give both the 30 and 60hp a try. Both run great and no codes! I prefer the 30hp and it’s such a more enjoyable truck to drive now. MPG has also improved 1.5 MPG, I did hand calc as well as used the factory display.

My tune is still running with the EGR on. I requested tunes without the EGR and were told they are still in development. Either way, at the end of the day I am extremely happy with Proven Diesel and their Emissions On tunes??

·
1 Posts
Update: Returned back to stock and normal DEF usage with no codes. Let PD know and they revised my tunes with a P2OFF update. Seems the P2OFF is something they are needing to do on 19’s.

I decided to give both the 30 and 60hp a try. Both run great and no codes! I prefer the 30hp and it’s such a more enjoyable truck to drive now. MPG has also improved 1.5 MPG, I did hand calc as well as used the factory display.

My tune is still running with the EGR on. I requested tunes without the EGR and were told they are still in development. Either way, at the end of the day I am extremely happy with Proven Diesel and their Emissions On tunes??
Do you still run these tunes now or have you changed. I am currently looking at doing this . I have a 2019 midnight sl

·
20 Posts
Have a 19 SV midnight and recently purchased the Proven Diesel tuning with EZ Lynk. I loaded the 60hp tune and have ran it for about 10 days/500 miles. i went with this setup after reading the “Tuned but not deleted” thread Gary posted awhile back. Here are my results at this point:

The Good
-plenty of increased power/response
-mpg’s are the same or better. Average about 18.5 on my 30 mile commute to work

The Bad
-P2OFF comes on every time I start the truck
-no DEF screen in the display
-got a ⚠ light at about 400 miles. I returned the truck to stock and DEF screen came back and showed less than 20%. I had just refilled the tank prior to installing the tune, so I went through over 3/4 tank of DEF in 500 miles
-EGR remains active. I didn’t specificallly request it be turned off... just assumed that was standard

They have been super responsive working the MIL and once that is figured out... move onto the high DEF usage and possibly EGR deactivate. My question is are others running the PD emissions ON tune seeing this type of high DEF usage and have lost the screen on their display?

Thanks
I just loaded the 60HP emissions tune also. I had a delete pipe but haven’t installed it yet

so with current tune there is a noticeable gain but mpg is way worse. My question is is this to be expected until I do the actual delete because everybody says they have great gains in mpg

·
17 Posts

Are you seeing any difference between regens with the 30hp tune from PD? just wonder if you are able to go longer before you regen with the tune on or is it shorter and more frequent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts