Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3700 miles on my XD. I had one situation the other day when I had to decelerate and then had to accelerate very quick and the truck took a nose dive with instant loss of power. Took about 4-5 seconds for a response from the engine.
Really got me worried cause I didn't have the power when I needed it and almost got hit by a reckless driver

·
904 Posts
We're you still low on fuel when this happened? This happened to me when I was low on fuel. Dash said about 60 miles til empty.

·
14 Posts
This exact thing happens to me all the time.
Sometimes worse than others
I have not received any solution form my dealer yet.
It is not a low fuel or bad fuel problem.
Has done it since day one.

·
404 Posts
Exact same thing I've noticed. Sometimes you get worried that you're going to get T boned because the truck refuses to move

·
1,300 Posts
This is a direct result of the torque management system that is in place within the electronics.
The 13+ Rams have the same issues. It's a joke... my Ram 5500 does this so I put on a BD throttle booster and it seems to be a little bbit better but it's still sucks.

If everyone complains than they will do something about it. So let's all get on the band wagon lol.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Add me to the list my first legitimate issue. I pulled out into traffic thinking nothing of it and it completely fell on its face. The car headed at my drivers door didn't leave a good thought in my mind.
And in the same trip as I have learned to drive xd to feel it's torque by steadily easing into the throttle it broke into a full on tire squak.

But the fall on its face situation isn't one I want to go through too much.

There is some much needed mapping changes soon.

·
23 Posts
My 2500 Cummins sucks as well darn torque management. They play the 800+ ft lb game but you can't get it to the ground it seems. Still a powerful truck, but drive-ability is horrible to me.

·
96 Posts
engineers asked me to data log when it happens with consult. but when mine does it I never have consult with me

·
122 Posts
Well apparently everytime we turn our trucks on, Nissan is collecting data, I am not sure what for or if it will help with our issues.

·
911 Posts
engineers asked me to data log when it happens with consult. but when mine does it I never have consult with me
Load the information onto the VI or MI (if you only have one VI) and hook up the trigger to it. Leave it hook to your truck until it can be duplicated

·
19 Posts
I have 3700 miles on my XD. I had one situation the other day when I had to decelerate and then had to accelerate very quick and the truck took a nose dive with instant loss of power. Took about 4-5 seconds for a response from the engine.
Really got me worried cause I didn't have the power when I needed it and almost got hit by a reckless driver
I've had this happen a couple of times. Not to the degree of 4 or 5 seconds though. Happened last night again. Felt like the transmission was surprised by the call for sudden acceleration and needed a beat to find a zippy gear to be in.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I haven't had a chance to run the truck by the dealer yet.
Right around 5000 miles already. Still having the lack of power after deceleration. But really had a nasty hesitation with a clunk in the front end.
I was going about 45 mph. Someone cut out in front of me, I had to slow down fast and then needed some throttle to have the truck actually hesitate and kind of clunk like an engine does when it loses prime or fuel and then rehits. IDK.
I did notice about 10minutes later I had the DPF 25% warning.
I know I have a problem but have just been to busy to drop it off.
I stopped by my service department to advise them about the issue and my guy looked at me with a blank stare. Like I was speaking a different language. I asked him to report it to Nissan to see if they have heard anything. Again they are non responsive.

·
88 Posts
My truck was doing good down at sea level but now in Denver it has the poorest throttle response. It feels like it has adjusted a little to the altitude after about 500 miles, but no matter how I step on the accelerator, it moves like a slug. I even tried manually shifting so it stays in first, but it just revs fast with no associated acceleration. I've never driven any vehicle that went so slow off the line. I feel like an ******* when people let me in and the truck moves like a 90 year old woman is driving it.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Add me too that list, sounds like it's a problem for multiple folks, have a thread on this issue as well:/

BigRed

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Maybe I'm a glass half full type of guy. But i did have an incident a while back. But once you fully learn the tricks to driving the truck it won't happen again. But should you have too? Maybe not. But like I said before once you do its a totally different feeling truck.
Heck I have even developed this little trick where I give it a quick throttle blib gets the system going let off then quickly ease back into it and will get into a good tire spin. That's for the ram boys at the stop light that say it's gutless lol.
Yes it gets alot of negative attention especially when I go through our tim Hortons on a Friday evening. I will get stupid comments "why does that a Cummins badge"

1 - 20 of 68 Posts