Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
214 Posts
I assume that Cummins and Nissan are exchanging any faulty parts and bringing them to their labs for deep analysis.

Won't be the case next year...

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
So why is the guy in charge sales and business development of that nissan dealership posting that?
I could understand if it was a unhappy owner

·
167 Posts
It would be interesting to find out what the problem was. One thing I see from the pic is that it is relatively easy to replace the engine with the cab body on frame. take note Ford

·
14 Posts
I wouldn't be that concerned. I work at a dealer we have replaced motors in Pathfinders, Altima's, Even last Gen Titan super early (under 3k). When there is a fault, noise or something abnormal that engineering doesn't like they want the motor back. It's cheaper & safer for Nissan & in this case Cummins in the long run of the production of the model to replace the long block. Cummins or Nissan can have it torn down. We did a pathfinder VQ35DE replacement with 5 miles on it. Found at engine plant the honer deformed cylinder way causing compression to be out of spec between cylinders due to excess ring gap. I have heard thru the grapevine of an XD Transmission replacement happened already. I am trying to collect info on that.

·
14 Posts
also Cummins won't allow dealers to do major repairs on the engine. They want it back. If the head gasket is bad, Replace motor. They want it back for inspection.

·
120 Posts
My wife's 2013 altima had the cvt replaced at 10k. Upon getting to the dealership they had a car ready for us. They said nissan is very interested in the mishap. So new cvt went in no issues. With low mileage care they want to know what went wrong. I have had 07 maxima a 09 maxima a 2011 juke a 2013 altima and now a 2015 rouge all with a cvt trans. I have always been taken care of with nissan. So I assume they want to research the problem and attain good pr by just replacing the Cummins rather than a bandaid. I wish nissan had stuck with a 7 speed but infiniti has the lock on that. The 07 was my ex wife's. And the rest are my current wife's cars. Not for me but I was there so I won't get fined.

·
430 Posts
Even if this fb post is bs, the small amount sold, compared to the amount of issues, is turning into a good case that nissan rushed the first wave of this truck. Before the Trolls start, I would say the vast majority of owners on here have been back to the dealer for more than a scheduled service. Some of these issues are unacceptable for a truck as "thoroughly tested" as they claim, even if it is a first generation vehicle. I think we should start a thread with a list of failures. That would save potential buyers from having to search.

·
1,979 Posts
Even if this fb post is bs, the small amount sold, compared to the amount of issues, is turning into a good case that nissan rushed the first wave of this truck. Before the Trolls start, I would say the vast majority of owners on here have been back to the dealer for more than a scheduled service. Some of these issues are unacceptable for a truck as "thoroughly tested" as they claim, even if it is a first generation vehicle. I think we should start a thread with a list of failures. That would save potential buyers from having to search.
Ford Claimed to put 1,000,000.00 miles on the 6.7 before they released it. Yeah, that didn't work out too well.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
There has been quite a few people that have chimed in to say they have bought and we haven't really heard from again. I might be wrong but I think there is only a handful on here with above average issues.

·
167 Posts
That's strange with approx. 3000 xd's sold I don't see 2200 on here with issues?
leaky door seals are not exactly a failure rate. Yes fords have had just as much failure. that is why there is recalls for heated seats ect. 70% is a bit over the top. Anyways working the bugs out and so far no signification related issues throughout the trucks such as the bad batch of rear ends on the original trucks. A lot of satisfied owners as well.

·
430 Posts
There hasn't been anywhere near 2200 xd's sold. That may be the entire Titan sales, with a very small amount of XD's thrown into the mix. And yes, window seals are a documentable issue. I've heard complaints of less about the other makes, so it's fair game. The XD isn't looking so "bullet proof" anymore.

·
156 Posts
I don't post much, more of a lurker interested in issues / fixes / mods etc. I purchase my XD (Black Pro4X) super bowl sunday and have approx 3500 miles. Zero issues. Mileage about 18mpg for a 70/30 highway/city, and improving as time goes on. Extremely happy with my truck!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts