Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to an official source, each of the following 5 grades will have their own separate wheels.

Names for each wheel aren't official yet, but so far, Nissan's design team has the following names in mind: SL, "Wrench". Pro4X, "Ninja Star". Platinum Reserve, "Death Star".

2016 Nissan Titan Models:
  • Work
  • SV
  • SL
  • Pro4X
  • Platinum Reserve

·
608 Posts
Cool idea. It'll be interesting to see all the different designs. Looks like the ones we've seen so far all fit together nicely even though they are different. Just variations.

·
88 Posts
Yeah, that's actually a really cool idea. Gives your Titan a distinctive look.

But what about tyres? What are some really hardy and durable tyres to get? One of my friends recommended bridgestone/firestone as good truck tyres?

Cheers

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's actually a really cool idea. Gives your Titan a distinctive look.

But what about tyres? What are some really hardy and durable tyres to get? One of my friends recommended bridgestone/firestone as good truck tyres?

Cheers
Although i'm no tire man, depending on what you're doing and how particular you are about tires, the selection will vary.

Usually what trucks come with from the factory is good enough for most owners.

·
608 Posts
Tires aren't really something I'm concerned with. I'm sure they will be fine. Rims are a curiosity for me, although in the end they are just for looks.

·
88 Posts
Any idea what tires come from the factory or does it differ depending on the location the trucks are being shipped to?

Cheers

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any idea what tires come from the factory or does it differ depending on the location the trucks are being shipped to?

Cheers
I believe it's too early to tell that just yet, we'll have to wait much longer to have a definite answer on that.

·
88 Posts
Alright. I'll keep checking around. We only supply a few manufacturer's of tires where I live so i'd like the know the Titan will come with a variety of tire brands or have a contract with one set tire company.

Cheers

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Tires aren't really something I'm concerned with. I'm sure they will be fine. Rims are a curiosity for me, although in the end they are just for looks.
I know this is a little OCD and I only just noticed this post now, but...

Wheels are single piece, rims are multipiece. So those rims with bolt on bead band stops, obviously rims. The factory however will supply the truck to the customer with wheels.

I got my pee pee slapped once for calling rims, wheels.

·
11 Posts
We've always called them rims since at least 1970 as far back as I recall somebody made up the rims/wheels thing .

·
1 Posts
Sorry to high jack the thread, but you guys seem to.know a lot about the rims and tires.on these trucks. My buddy ordered a 2016 and is saving a ton by picking it up instead of delivered to dealer. I am going to help him out with my enclosed trailer. Problem is the truck is 79/inches tall and the opening to my trailer is 74. I have read some posts that say the bolt pattern on these rims is the same as a GM 6/lug on 5.5. The thought is I have a old set of rims, local tire dealer has a junk set of really low profile tires. If we swap tires it will go in my trailer.

Anyone know the specs on these rims...are they the same as a GM 6/lug 5.5? Thank you all for any help.

·
772 Posts
Sorry to high jack the thread, but you guys seem to.know a lot about the rims and tires.on these trucks. My buddy ordered a 2016 and is saving a ton by picking it up instead of delivered to dealer. I am going to help him out with my enclosed trailer. Problem is the truck is 79/inches tall and the opening to my trailer is 74. I have read some posts that say the bolt pattern on these rims is the same as a GM 6/lug on 5.5. The thought is I have a old set of rims, local tire dealer has a junk set of really low profile tires. If we swap tires it will go in my trailer.

Anyone know the specs on these rims...are they the same as a GM 6/lug 5.5? Thank you all for any help.
the current titan is the same as the gm 6 lug. I believe the XD's run the same ones. not 100% sure though.

·
29 Posts

Confused?? Ordered a 2016 what? XD?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts