Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to talk myself into buying one of these. Drove one for a day. Reset mpg when I took it and got avg 8mpg city driving very conservatively over 50 miles. Had a nasty diesel exhaust smell when sitting in traffic windows closed. Any one else experience this?

·
1,300 Posts
Its in regen... just buy it lol

·
412 Posts
That explains the 8.7mpg I was getting yesterday. I didn't know anything about the regen that it does. Good to know

·
8 Posts
Ive had mine for a week now and I am only getting around 8 or 9 miles per gallon in the city as well. That is very disappointing to me, but other than that I love the truck.

·
124 Posts
Here is a video that explains regen mode. To answer your question, regen is automatic, there is no way to turn it off, and is necessary in order to meet government air quality requirement.

·
45 Posts
was told highway driving over 55 helps clear it out, it will automatically do it after approx 150 miles of city driving or lots of idling. Asked if it helps to just step on it every once in a while, they said sure so now I have an excuse to get on her! Only noticed it twice since I purchased and didn't notice it on any of my longer trips, 3hrs plus one way.

·
6 Posts
stinky titan

mine just started the exhaust smell, already has "the fix" installed but does nothing for it. it was all of a sudden, driving down the road and BAMM...nauseous odors fill the cab. no affect on mileage...just stinks. been on going now for about a week, unable to find any leaks. I had already read posts here about the issue, swap it to recirculate and its good, but fact is I shouldn't have to

·
194 Posts
mine just started the exhaust smell, already has "the fix" installed but does nothing for it. it was all of a sudden, driving down the road and BAMM...nauseous odors fill the cab. no affect on mileage...just stinks. been on going now for about a week, unable to find any leaks. I had already read posts here about the issue, swap it to recirculate and its good, but fact is I shouldn't have to
Exactly. Its very annoying that nissan has been worthless to put an actual fix out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts