Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the reasons why I'm seriously taking a look at the Titan Cummins is for the expected lower depreciation of a diesel truck. You see this less rapid depreciation rate with American diesel trucks, but since this is a Nissan, I suppose the depreciation is an unknown factor at this point.

I'm thinking the Cummins name alone will ensure higher resale value over a standard V8 gas Titan. What do you all think?

My hope is that the lower fuel costs and better resale value will make the Cummins Titan the smart choice.

·
857 Posts
I think they will hold their value well for the obvious perks that come with a diesel along with the engine being from cummins, which everyone knows is one of the best.
I can see some people rather paying for a used cummins titan over the petrol v8.

·
340 Posts
Yes but the big difference is that the 'desireable' cummins is not a new unproven V8, its the tried and true 6.7L straight 6. Of course there will be brand association but I wouldn't count on that for TOO much.

Also don't forget this is a Nissan we're talking about, already with MUCH lower levels of demand than the big 3 (and Toyota for that mater IMO)

·
88 Posts
I think they will hold pretty decent value over time. Having the cummins diesel engine will for sure lower the trucks depreciation but there are also a lot of other factors like electronic and suspension problem.

Cheers

·
88 Posts
What kind of percentage do you think Titan will truly depreciate at? I know it's an early question to ask, but i'd like to get an idea from others..

Cheers

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
What kind of percentage do you think Titan will truly depreciate at? I know it's an early question to ask, but i'd like to get an idea from others..

Cheers
Same as any other Nissan, with an appropriate price offset for the diesel engine. Here in the lowermainland of BC, if a diesel was a $2500 option, it will always be worth $2500 or more than the gasoline model, within the first 10 years of age at least. So if you're a person that gets new pickups every once and a while, buying the diesel is a one time cost.

·
608 Posts
There is no problem with the air suspension. There could be, but as of right now there is no problem.

I think that the price of diesel and gas in the future will have some bearing on depreciation as well.

·
608 Posts
What about previous Titans, what common problems did they have that cause more significant depreciation?

Cheers
This would be something that I am curious about, but I don't really think that it would reveal anything about the new Titan since it was built from the ground up.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
How long has this engine been around before it was tweaked for the Titan?

Thanks
The ISV is just starting series production, so it is technically a new to the market engine. Development started in 1998 if I remember correctly, so it will be a well tested engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts