Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some had issues with this tonneau cover, but got to a point where I didn't feel I had any other options that allowed me to utilize the titan boxes, so made the decision to purchase. Unfortunately, I ended up with a cover that is bubbling on all three panels. Anyone else have this issue and what was the resolution? I have reached out to E-Trailer to see what they will do about it.....also, took over a month to receive it.

It's really pretty bad. I thought maybe given a little time, any off-gassing from the materials might seep out and this would go away, but seems to be related to thermal expansion of the surface material. For a nearly $1,000 cover, it looks terrible. Function seems to be fine though. Was a little tight with the titan boxes, so had to cut two of the bolts on the forward clamps.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
19 Posts
Gig'em by they way! Mine did the same but only on one panel and not near as wavy as yours. I have not yet but plan to reach out to manu. to see what can be done to get it fixed. In cold weather the top remains normal, add some heat and it bubbles up. I agree with the thermal expansion of the plastic and bad adhesive from plastic to core..

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gig'em by they way! Mine did the same but only on one panel and not near as wavy as yours. I have not yet but plan to reach out to manu. to see what can be done to get it fixed. In cold weather the top remains normal, add some heat and it bubbles up. I agree with the thermal expansion of the plastic and bad adhesive from plastic to core..
Thanks and Gig ‘em!

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd try Extang directly.
Thanks Wakinvol, I was hoping etrailer would advocate on my behalf since they represent extang, but we’ll see what happens. Etrailer was way more responsive than extang during delivery process. I’m honestly not confident anything will get resolved.

·
1,437 Posts
Wasn’t questioning your judgment at all...just figured going straight to the manufacturer would be better. When I had my issue with Fab Fours and RealTruck I found that to be the case. (They both suck by the way)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts