Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to preface this by saying I am brand new to the diesel world -- bought an EZ Lynk with tune and attempted to install it but ran into issues with cables. Hoping someone has pictures or can explain where each cable goes?

I used this https://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/...an-xd-how-delete-tune-ezlynk-w-hpp-tunes.html for reference but only 2 cables are mentioned(SOTF and Unlock) for connecting.

Any help appreciated, don't want to install incorrectly and can't really find a video on it. Thank you!

·
362 Posts
Let me try somewhat. The triangle looking end connects under the hood only during the add or taking out of a tune. It plugs into a connector on the passenger side near the firewall and fuse box on that side. It has a cap on it but the same triangle design. Plug the end into it and the other end then plugs into the ezlynk, the other cable goes from the ezlynk to the port in the middle under the steering wheel at the lower dash panel and plugs in. Where a code checker would plug into. As far as the SOFT, I can't help you there, mine did not have the SOFT. I hope that helps, once you get the tune loaded take the cable under the hood off and put up.

·
1,331 Posts
The EZLYNK will connect in two places and then and the a third point for the SOFT which I didn’t install, not sure I’d mess with the SOFT until you have the tunes installed.

First connection will be to the obd2 port. There will then be a usb looking line coming off the EZLYNK, the triangle unlock cable will attach to this on the non triangle end.

Pop the hood, on the passenger side of the truck behind the overflow tank close to the firewall, below the hood hinge you’ll see a capped of triangle plug, the unlock cable will plug into this.

I found it best to close the passenger door but open the window to run this cable.

Once all hooked up just follow the instructions on the EZLYNK app. Some say to turn your flashers on before to get the ECM ready but I never had to do this.

Once done you’ll fully remove the unlock cable and reinstall the cap on the factory plug. Disconnect this also from the EZLYNK.

Total time should take around 15-20 mins including hooking up and unhooking everything. Again not sure about the SOFT part.

·
16 Posts
So I just got my ez lynk in the mail. I was gonna run a 60hp tube with emissions until I can install delete pipe. Seems the Nissan unlock cable I got was only a foot long so once I connect it to the Cummins cable, it’s too short to reach the ez lynk unless I run it thru the dash. Since it’s only on during tunes, I really don’t want to run it thru the dash so my next option is to cut the wires and add some longer wires. Frustrating

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
839 Posts
A foot long? I can't imagine that would reach even through the firewall since the port you need is on the passenger side. I went out the passenger window, with mine, for the flash.

·
761 Posts
This does not sound right. Mine is way long and like others say, I run it thought the passenger window. The 60 hp emissions intact tune is great, you may not want to delete depending on where you live.

·
2018 Titan XD 5.0L Cummins
1 Posts
So I just got my ez lynk in the mail. I was gonna run a 60hp tube with emissions until I can install delete pipe. Seems the Nissan unlock cable I got was only a foot long so once I connect it to the Cummins cable, it’s too short to reach the ez lynk unless I run it thru the dash. Since it’s only on during tunes, I really don’t want to run it thru the dash so my next option is to cut the wires and add some longer wires. Frustrating
I might be late to the game, but I was dealing with the same issue. Your EZ-LYNK should have come with unlock cable AND the Cummins Cable. I had to unlatch my obd2 from its mount to get enough length. I went out the drivers door (not window) and had juuust enough length to reach. Was actually shorter trying to go through passenger door

·
3 Posts
I am looking to delete my truck. Any advice on how to go about it. Iron Horse diesel on youtube has a pretty good video of how to but i am not a software engineer so i dont really know where to start with the tuner. Any advice would help

·
216 Posts
I am looking to delete my truck. Any advice on how to go about it. Iron Horse diesel on youtube has a pretty good video of how to but i am not a software engineer so i dont really know where to start with the tuner. Any advice would help
I’m an idiot when it comes to anything like that and it was easy as pie man. Plug it in and follow the directions on the screen. It’s literally funny proof

1 - 9 of 9 Posts