Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 4 wires going into the Fender sub under the front seat. 1 Black, 1 White, 1 Brown & 1 Brown with white stripe. Can anyone please tell me what these wires are? I know they are speaker wires but I would like to know what is negative and positive. I am finding conflicting diagrams online.

·
103 Posts
I don't think there is an amp inside the or attached to the sub. So most likely these are all speaker wires for the dual coil sub.

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think there is an amp inside the or attached to the sub. So most likely these are all speaker wires for the dual coil sub.
Right, the amp is under the unit. I installed a Kicker powered sub and a Kicker rep told me to tap into the existing sub speaker wires and I did but I am getting a popping noise from the Kicker sub. I have an appointment to bring it to local car audio shop on Friday and let them look at it. Thanks for the reply though!

·
3 Posts
Right, the amp is under the unit. I installed a Kicker powered sub and a Kicker rep told me to tap into the existing sub speaker wires and I did but I am getting a popping noise from the Kicker sub. I have an appointment to bring it to local car audio shop on Friday and let them look at it. Thanks for the reply though!
Did you figure it out? I'm looking at installing another sub myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts