Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a fifth wheel hitch for the Titan XD? I emailed Reese and B&W and they said they have no plans right now.

·
119 Posts
Have you asked Andersen if their Ultimate 5th Wheel will work, it's a great setup for when you don't need it.

·
919 Posts
JBla had a B&W companion hitch modified to attach to his gooseneck. Towed his 8000lb 5er and was happy with it.
Posted in well I finally got my deal.

·
658 Posts
Nothing available from Nissan at this time that I have seen.
Maybe it's not available yet, but this is what I was talking about

"When compared to the true ½-ton competition, the Titan feels more solid, more planted, and more stable, with less push-around. It’s a rock-solid towing platform, and a rear factory gooseneck setup is standard on all but the base model. There is even an accessory fifth-wheel hitch designed by Reese that uses the gooseneck crossmember mounting points."

http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-reviews/1511-first-drive-2016-nissan-titan-xd/

·
919 Posts
Yes I do remember reading that they were suppose to have an accessory fifth wheel. And they may still bring one out at some time.

·
72 Posts
Was on the Nissan accessories site the other day and there was a fifth wheel attachment there from Reese or somebody. Made just for the 3 point gooseneck
Was like 540$

·
857 Posts
Was on the Nissan accessories site the other day and there was a fifth wheel attachment there from Reese or somebody. Made just for the 3 point gooseneck
Was like 540$
Did they charge for shipping or is that a cost they absorb? Hopefully it's the former.

·
72 Posts
Honestly I'm a bit confused. I know I saw it on there, mentioned it to the wife that it was cool they already had a 5th hitch already posted for sale (in case we ever need one again). Now I don't see it anymore. It had 'picture coming soon' kinda thing so perhaps the suppliers not ready to play yet and they took it down? Perhaps I'm losing my mind? Lol
Be nice to hear from Nissan on that one

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Fordt

Have you asked Andersen if their Ultimate 5th Wheel will work, it's a great setup for when you don't need it.
Sent an email to Andersen Hitch and I think this a great answer! Anyone had experience with the Ultimate 5th wheel hitch?

·
9 Posts
The goose neck hitch ball and safety chain mounts are made by Reese.

Lippert Industries (LCI) is the manufacturer of 99% of the frames and / or king pin boxes that ALL 5th wheel RV manufacturers use. To date I've only found one manufacturer of a goose neck pin box that LCI has certified and will not void an RV manufacturers warranty and that's the so-called Reese Goose Box. I will soon know (and will let you guys know too) if the Reese Goose Box works. More specifically, I'll let you know if it works with those XD plastic side boxes in the bed as there's some concern that the Goose Box will contact them during swings.

Tom

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will the Reese Goosebox work with the Reese Revolution Slider kingpin on Forest River fifth wheels? I'm wondering about the 5th wheel / pickup cab clearance during a turn.

·
9 Posts
Hopefully you'll see my recent post concerning my experience with Reese's GooseBox. I am extremely happy with their unit. Something I'd pay attention to when looking at other hitch companies is: a) will the hitch solution void the RV frame manufacturer's warranty (FWIW LCI makes almost 95% of the hitch boxes for RV 5th wheels) and b) does the hitch have the same features as the Reese GB.

I'm no Reese fan boy, but just an Engineer that prides himself on doing things right. And the right thing - FOR ME - was the Reese GB.

And BTW - in my discussion with the LCI Engineer he was well aware of the Anderson and other products and said in no uncertain terms, that the Anderson and others' solution would void the LCI hitch pin box warranty. IMHO - I wasn't gonna take that chance because Murphy's Law tends to follow me around. :)

Tom

1 - 20 of 36 Posts