Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing every once in a while the tailgate will not open. I would click it a couple of times and it would eventually open. Finally got worse to the point that I couldn't open it at all.

I took it in and they have to order a new lock assembly. Should have it in a week.

Wasn't there a TSB about this issue?

·
901 Posts
I think so. Ive read about it in a few threads. Ive had mine adjusted because it would only unlock if you tried to turn the key with the handle out. So far its always opened tho

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
I think so. Ive read about it in a few threads. Ive had mine adjusted because it would only unlock if you tried to turn the key with the handle out. So far its always opened tho
I'm an SV owner so not familiar with this tailgate issue....educate me please.

·
901 Posts
I guess some of the tailgate mechanisms have been replaced cuz the tailgate wont open or unlock.
I havent searched it but someone posted a tsb for it a while back.
Not sure if it was specific to certain trims or not.
Ive only had an issue with mine not unlocking when the key was turned. Actually my wife had the issue,once i got home i tried turning the key while holding the handle out,the key wouldnt turn of course but when the handle was released and the key taken out,it was unlocked. It worked every time which was crazy. I mentioned it to the service department when i had my park sensors checked and the tech adjusted the mechanism and its worked fine since.

·
169 Posts
Mine was replaced, but I had to be extremely persistent. The road to the dealer was under construction so there were a bunch of potholes an ridges that shook the **** out of the truck. By the time I arrived at the dealer, everything worked fine. When I could not access the stuff in the bed when I needed it, I refused to accept that the could not fix what was not broken. Eventually, the mechanism/latch was replaced. All is good now.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
I had the tailgate fixed a couple of times for this issue (and yes, there is a TSB). When you get it back, make sure it doesn't rattle. If it does, make them fix it right! they like to take these short cuts and it never works out to OUR favor.

·
10 Posts
There is a guy on YouTube with a video about the Titan XD tailgate lock mechanism:

Search YouTube for Titan XD tailgate lock repair. I'm new, so it won't let me post the link. What he does makes sense to me. A simple zip tie is the fix.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts