Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove and SL 4x2 a couple of weeks ago; didn't like the leather but was, otherwise, a nice truck. Drove a Platinum Reserve 4x2 Friday, and was a whole different experience with the interior. Unlike the Denali, this leather is bespoke to this trim, so not just nicer looking leather. I loved the smell and feel; almost made it worth the $4k premium over the SL.

A former Dodge owner (x2) I've had issues with the 6.7, and am hoping the 5.0 is relatively bullet proof by comparison. The rest of the driveline should be bullet proof behind this motor, and I feel the truck is way underrated.

According to the dealer, they had a factory rep stop in for some info. Apparently, they will be offering a longer bed with the CC, along with increased fuel and weight capacity down the road.

A lot of Dodge guys are naysaying this truck; I applaud Nissan for taking this step. Granted, you can get a Cummins powered 2500 for not much more, but a lot of us don't need the expense or headaches that come with such a massive rig. For me, the shorter bed and lack of fuel capacity prevent me from considering one right now. If those are corrected, I can always add bags. Hopefully, the aftermarket has a solution for the fuel tank.

·
25 Posts
yes , i had the same question regarding the 6.7.

I really want to drop 57,000 on this pro 4x , but I'm haveing a hard time justifying it in my head. When i stack it up against the 2500 0r any 3/4 I just want the most reliable bang for my buck I guess.I could get a real nice 2015 Ram for that money.(do I need a 3/4?). I drove a platinum and an SV and Im sold on the truck. Its alot of money to me. But if I feel its quality and its something I want - Ill drop the money. I dont know.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After the first DPF clogged around 45,000 (under warranty; however, would have cost north of $5k if not, and the week to get it), fully deleted not long after that. Ran fine for another 50k until turbo started throwing codes; 45k of sooting damaged the VGT. Replacement unit did not work; stock actuator would not function for some reason, and didn't feel like coughing up another $1k for a factory new one. Rather than cough up the over $5k (parts and labor) the dealer wanted for another turbo, I went the fixed route; wish I could have kept the VGT as I tried 2 different turbos, none were as good as the stocker. Deletes cost over $1k.

Around the same time one of the solenoids in the VB ate a bore and the truck shifted like crap. Another $900+. Then 100k; no start. 2 bad injectors and a rail sensor. Picked up new injectors from P-Cola injection (don't use those guys; too many defective repairs) and fixed the issue, to the tune of another $500. Even after repair, truck still had a miss. 6.7 injectors are coded to their respective cylinders; thought I could get away with using remanned injectors, should have spent the extra coin to get genuine replacements (about $500 per, dealer price).

If I had to use the dealer for everything, again, it might have cost in the neighborhood of $13k for all the repairs. This was all in the first 100k. Granted, I could have built a million mile motor, but it would have cost more than buying a decent non-CR truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts