Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys check this out, saw this video on youtube

·
430 Posts
That was entertaining. I'm NOT bashing the XD, here, as I'm sure it's fully capable, offroad. But I've taken a 2wd ford ranger through worse terrain than that. These car journalists get all excited over nothing.

·
167 Posts
Why did they not use a pro 4x. makes no sense. I didn't listen to the video so maybe they explained something about a bunch of BS so they had to use the most non offroad worthy titan xd.

·
363 Posts
Looked like some city slickers finally went off road. The "that view is spectacular" comment on the power line maintenance road was priceless. Vehicle review blogging has long since jumped the shark.

·
88 Posts
Why did they not use a pro 4x. makes no sense. I didn't listen to the video so maybe they explained something about a bunch of BS so they had to use the most non offroad worthy titan xd.
I'm not sure who these people were, but they said Nissan gave them the XD to try out. They just took it to tag along with the others, and specifically avoided certain parts of the trail so they wouldn't mess up the loaner XD. The Raptor was also broken (from the owner trying to take it off jumps) and only had 2wd and bald tires. They just tried out the XD for towing because it happened to be there. It really wasn't much of a test, more like them just hanging out and happened to make some positive comments about the XD.

·
658 Posts
The worst part was them bragging about the Titan dragging the Raptor, like that was something that made the Titan better than the Ford. ****, I could have drug that Raptor through all that stuff with my 28 year old Nissan Pathfinder. Like said above, none of that stuff was really too bad and the only reason the Raptor had any problems was cause it's 4wd was broken before the trip even started.

On a side note, I did think the Titan did as well as I would expect for a big heavy truck built for towing. The terrain they went through is what I would expect out of a good stock 4x4 pick up.

·
4 Posts
Looked like some city slickers finally went off road. The "that view is spectacular" comment on the power line maintenance road was priceless. Vehicle review blogging has long since jumped the shark.
Completely agreed. What a bunch of dorks. I used to take my Subaru Outbook through worse terrain than that. I would love to see a video of those guys riding shotgun with someone who actually knows what they're doing on a decent trail. I have a feeling some Depends would be needed...:sarcasm:

·
29 Posts
Could watch all of it worst think i ever saw we have roads at home worst than that and the us mail travels them in an old car . Reaaly like as been already said they need to go on a deer hunt with my son i alabama.

·
658 Posts
Could watch all of it worst think i ever saw we have roads at home worst than that and the us mail travels them in an old car . Reaaly like as been already said they need to go on a deer hunt with my son i alabama.
That red mud sticks to everything!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts