Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while truck was in for repairs, I had the first oil change done at 4000 mile mark. Price for oil change $240.00. That's for filter, Rotella 10 /30 heavy duty synthetic and 1 hour service time.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mechanic at Nissan did mention, when resetting the oil change reminder light. It resets for 10,000 miles and counts down.

·
119 Posts
JEEZ! I buy the filter, then Jiffy Lube puts the Rotella in my 5.9 Cummins (3 gallons!) for $85! Haven't look at the 5.0L oil capacity, what is it?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taking her on a trip down to Florida and back, mechanic recommended changing oil prior trip.

·
772 Posts
JEEZ! I buy the filter, then Jiffy Lube puts the Rotella in my 5.9 Cummins (3 gallons!) for $85! Haven't look at the 5.0L oil capacity, what is it?
After watching a jiffy lube """tech""" rip off my Air aid filter (its attached with clamps) and then proceeding to try to blow it out with compressed air I will never return to a jiffy lube. I yelled at him to stop touching the filter before he was able to blow holes in it lol

·
413 Posts
Mechanic at Nissan did mention, when resetting the oil change reminder light. It resets for 10,000 miles and counts down.
That's not accurate. The ECU will tell you when it's ready for an oil change based on your driving. It says it in the manual as well. I'll be due at about 8500-9500 miles and I just reached 7000 on the truck today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts