Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
2 Posts
I have a 2018 and I get 11 plus MPG. I have talked to two different dealer service people and both said "it is what it is". Not happy with that. It seems to wind out the gears on take-off, down shifts when coming to a stop, holds rpm when you let off the gas. I think its stuck in tow/haul mode. When I turn on the tow mode nothing seems to change. Other trucks I had would at least drop a gear or two going 70, not My Titan XD tach stays the same when you push the button. Dealer won't even look at it. With the small gas tank I'm sick only getting 220 miles out of a tank. The 11 mpg is combined. I did fill up and drove all highway and got 11.8 mpg...….Wow. What should I do? I like My truck but.....OMG!

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
253 Posts
Just gonna cover bases here: Tire pressure affects my gasser big time. Like, letting 68-70psi drop to 60 will shave 1.5-3mpgs off.
Driving habits is the major one. When I grandmother it I don’t notice much difference, but driving like when I was 16 kills it around 5mpg. Easy. Driving normally mostly city, mostly 50-55 up and down hill I average 13-14.5. I also notice going 65-68mph instead of 75 (ok 79) helps A TON.
Idling really affects it too. Drive-through, waiting to pick up my kids, idling while hitching trailer. I always notice a drop.
Cold weather, probably air resistance and lower consistent tire pressures, also drops it 1-2. Adds up.
When I’m in a hurry...yeah easily drops average 3-5 for the tank. Puts me below 11 usually. Especially if I’ve been in a hurry on the highway.

But the gear down shifting sounds like tow/haul. although when I hot rod around it always seems to jack with the auto shifting and it seems confused.

·
198 Posts
I am getting 13.4 - 13.6 in mixed driving. I do have a Pedal Commander set on City +2. I've gotten between 15-17 miles on hour plus long trips that are 50% stop and 50% highway cruising.

·
83 Posts
When I don't "try" to "pussy foot" the gas pedal, I average 16.7 so often that I wonder if the display is stuck there. I have gotten as much as 19.2 on a tank (above 5000 ft altitude and NOT using cruise control). This is NOT a light truck and it has the aerodynamic profile of a brick but the biggest issue with MPG is gonna be YOUR foot. Imagine a raw egg between your foot and the pedal. Or buy a 2 door KIA.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
253 Posts
Well, here you go. Got gas today cause I was right next to a station. Real world mpg is 13.3. Truck said 14.1. Forgot to get that pic...

Typical for tank of daily driving. I think I hauled the trailer empty for maybe 1/2 mile and back 1 time. I included my tire pressures cause it shows the ambient temp. Ignore the cruise speed...I was totally not driving when I took it...must be a bug in the system.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts