Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone it has been a complete nightmare dealing with NISSAN and this glorified POS. The local dealership is absolutely clueless about even how to do simple maintenance on the XD. Heck they couldn't even order the factory listed accessories correctly because of improper training from NISSAN. It was very clear when I showed up this past Saturday to get an update in person about my truck and why they have had it for 5 weeks, the service manager told me 5 times that the GM would buy the truck back.
SO YES I TOOK THEM UP ON THEIR OFFER.
I blame NISSAN 100 percent.
It is one thing to release a new platform and be ready for a few minor issues. But it is another when they released this thing without any infrastructure set in place for the dealerships let alone the consumers. I thought I was buying a newly engineered, researched, tested vehicle by a company that stands behind their product.
However I didn't realize that I bought a new platform to be a test Guinea pig for NISSAN at my expense with no concern what so ever and a ton of we are so SORRY your not happy.
I DIDNT REALIZE I WAS NISSANS R&D Guinea pig.
I smell class action lawsuits soon if they don't step it up.
People spent to much money to be NISSANS personal R&D
But I guess some people enjoy that, we just can't afford it.
Good luck guys and try to stay safe in those TITAN XD's
I do have a factory set of XD running boards and husky weatherbeaters floor mats for sale if interested just pm offer
Thanks
XDtacticalnut

·
1,979 Posts
You obviously didn't do your homework before you bought a 1st year model. Ford for example said they had 1 million real world tested miles before they released the 6.7L, that thing has all kinds of known issues, Chevys & Rams are in the same boat. Yes, I knew Nissans dealer network was going to be way behind the 8 ball so I do agree with you on that.
Sorry to hear about your troubles but if you go buy a different diesel be aware the big3 are having all kinds of issues still to this date. Do some more lurking around the other forums so you can feel comfortable on your next purchase.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I do agree about the nissan dealer network.

We had this discussion early on. Don't buy a diesel titan xd from a dealer with one or two on the lot. As they aren't proven truck dealers. Nissan titan dealers that bought into the titan excellence program. Were given better training and have access to better tech support.
When I first went shopping talking to non titan excellence dealers was scary. They knew nothing. But Nissan still wanted at least one xd on every lot.

·
430 Posts
Well everyone it has been a complete nightmare dealing with NISSAN and this glorified POS. The local dealership is absolutely clueless about even how to do simple maintenance on the XD. Heck they couldn't even order the factory listed accessories correctly because of improper training from NISSAN. It was very clear when I showed up this past Saturday to get an update in person about my truck and why they have had it for 5 weeks, the service manager told me 5 times that the GM would buy the truck back.
SO YES I TOOK THEM UP ON THEIR OFFER.
I blame NISSAN 100 percent.
It is one thing to release a new platform and be ready for a few minor issues. But it is another when they released this thing without any infrastructure set in place for the dealerships let alone the consumers. I thought I was buying a newly engineered, researched, tested vehicle by a company that stands behind their product.
However I didn't realize that I bought a new platform to be a test Guinea pig for NISSAN at my expense with no concern what so ever and a ton of we are so SORRY your not happy.
I DIDNT REALIZE I WAS NISSANS R&D Guinea pig.
I smell class action lawsuits soon if they don't step it up.
People spent to much money to be NISSANS personal R&D
But I guess some people enjoy that, we just can't afford it.
Good luck guys and try to stay safe in those TITAN XD's
I do have a factory set of XD running boards and husky weatherbeaters floor mats for sale if interested just pm offer
Thanks
XDtacticalnut
What are you going to get, to replace the T?

·
363 Posts
Wow, that's a bummer. Good to hear they at least they bought it back without too much trouble. Hopefully you didn't lose too much on the buy back.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the truck at such a great deal that I didn't lose money on the deal just 3 months of my life dealing with that big POS. And after losing 3k per day profit for 5 weeks while the truck was in the shop, and not working as the reason it was purchased for.
I test drove all 3 big boys diesels and it wasn't even close when it comes to power, fit, feel, comfort level, stance, looks, paint quality, smoothness, shifting, towing, tightness, space,
Hands down the FORD F250 is still king in all of the above.
WOW they have really come along ways the last few years.
I HAD ALOT OF FAITH IN NISSAN to only be let down with an attitude that is apparently clear they do not care

·
404 Posts
Congrats. I've had mine since mid January and it was a big mistake. I have an appointment with them this Thursday and I don't know what their plan of action is but I don't want this truck. It has a grocery list of items that should have been dealt with prior to launching this truck and not to mention how it fails in payload capacity and everything else.

Exhaust smell during regen

Hesitation while leavin a stop sign

Random squeaks inside

Check engine light came on (3x in the shop) fixed*

AC randomly doesn't work- no blower fan

Loose feeling in steering/suspension

Tailgate randomly won't work and needed it aligned

Weatherstrip installed sloppy at doors

Plastic trim flapping in the wind on rear door fixed*

Truck pulls to the right

Reduced Engine Power light random

Radio/Nav screen randomly frozen at start up

Twice the seat and steering wheel didn't move into position when I started the truck

....and I'm sure I'm missing other things. This doesn't count the issues I've had at the dealership getting other plastics replaced because they broke them while fixing other issues

I've owned a 2004 Titan and 2009 370Z and never had this many mechanical and QC issues

I'm undecided as to whether or not I would be happier if they swapped it for the same truck straight off the assembly line or buy it back and buy one of their competitors. I know I've turned many people away from buying these trucks due to my experiences. I work in construction and tons of people ask me about it and same as when I out and about, you guys know what I mean, and I'm sure they've lost quite a few sales. Wish I were happier because I'm a Nissan enthusiast.

·
103 Posts
So far I only know 1 person with one, he loves it, one small problem but the local dealer took car ASAP. I'm in the process of building a new house so I've got to wait till I've closed on everything before I jump in dept again, but I'm still planning on a XD diesel, although some of these problems seem trivial, I've had several diesels and always had some smell in my cab at one time or another. Good luck with tour new purchase, hope it makes you happy.

·
49 Posts
Sorry to hear

Congrats. I've had mine since mid January and it was a big mistake. I have an appointment with them this Thursday and I don't know what their plan of action is but I don't want this truck. It has a grocery list of items that should have been dealt with prior to launching this truck and not to mention how it fails in payload capacity and everything else.

Exhaust smell during regen

Hesitation while leavin a stop sign

Random squeaks inside

Check engine light came on (3x in the shop) fixed*

AC randomly doesn't work- no blower fan

Loose feeling in steering/suspension

Tailgate randomly won't work and needed it aligned

Weatherstrip installed sloppy at doors

Plastic trim flapping in the wind on rear door fixed*

Truck pulls to the right

Reduced Engine Power light random

Radio/Nav screen randomly frozen at start up

Twice the seat and steering wheel didn't move into position when I started the truck

....and I'm sure I'm missing other things. This doesn't count the issues I've had at the dealership getting other plastics replaced because they broke them while fixing other issues

I've owned a 2004 Titan and 2009 370Z and never had this many mechanical and QC issues

I'm undecided as to whether or not I would be happier if they swapped it for the same truck straight off the assembly line or buy it back and buy one of their competitors. I know I've turned many people away from buying these trucks due to my experiences. I work in construction and tons of people ask me about it and same as when I out and about, you guys know what I mean, and I'm sure they've lost quite a few sales. Wish I were happier because I'm a Nissan enthusiast.

Sorry to hear about all those issues. I bought my PRO4X last week and have had zero issues with it so far, though I think it pulls to the right a bit (need to test it more). When I bought it, I made sure to buy one that didn't have the blind-spot deleted, thinking that I'd be getting one more recent off the production line.

I bought at a dealership that's about 40 miles from the house because they had the one I wanted and they were willing to negotiate. I left the lot without a sticker and decided to go to the dealership 5 mins from my house to get one. While there, I asked if there were any updates and there was an ECM update that hadn't been done. So they put on the sticker but told me they weren't experienced with applying those updates and they were worried that maybe my truck wouldn't be right after the update, and said I should just wait till my first oil change at 5K and have it done then... The dealerhip I bought the truck from told me that that dealership doesn't have a diesel tech - and it's a pretty big dealership. I don't mind driving the 40 miles to get it serviced where I bought it, but sheesh, you'd think Nissan would have diesel techs trained at each store.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Sorry to hear about all those issues. I bought my PRO4X last week and have had zero issues with it so far, though I think it pulls to the right a bit (need to test it more). When I bought it, I made sure to buy one that didn't have the blind-spot deleted, thinking that I'd be getting one more recent off the production line.

I bought at a dealership that's about 40 miles from the house because they had the one I wanted and they were willing to negotiate. I left the lot without a sticker and decided to go to the dealership 5 mins from my house to get one. While there, I asked if there were any updates and there was an ECM update that hadn't been done. So they put on the sticker but told me they weren't experienced with applying those updates and they were worried that maybe my truck wouldn't be right after the update, and said I should just wait till my first oil change at 5K and have it done then... The dealerhip I bought the truck from told me that that dealership doesn't have a diesel tech - and it's a pretty big dealership. I don't mind driving the 40 miles to get it serviced where I bought it, but sheesh, you'd think Nissan would have diesel techs trained at each store.
That's a big part of the problem with the diesel xd. Is many nissan dealers didn't sell trucks. They would have one old generation titans on the lot more for show and that was it. Now you throw a diesel truck into the mix of a nontruck dealership. Extra problems will arise. On top of that to get proper training on the xd, the dealerships had to buy into the xd program.

·
43 Posts
So far I only know 1 person with one, he loves it, one small problem but the local dealer took car ASAP. I'm in the process of building a new house so I've got to wait till I've closed on everything before I jump in dept again, but I'm still planning on a XD diesel, although some of these problems seem trivial, I've had several diesels and always had some smell in my cab at one time or another. Good luck with tour new purchase, hope it makes you happy.
I have had mine for about 3 months now and have yet to have a issue and love the truck. all I had was a little squeak in the sub box under the passengers seat. took it back to the dealer and was fixed in 30 min and out the door. there are people that don't realize that these trucks lose power if you don't have the def fluid in the tank also. and not sure the service managers or techs know about that. will I agree that the dealers should have more training on these trucks before they were released. Yes. But if you buy a new truck that has no prior knowledge of issues like what we did. your going to expect stuff to come up. yes there are going to be some people that get lemons for trucks but it doesn't mean the next one isn't good. same with the ford 6.0L and 6.4L those things were horrible. where there some that last a long time. Yes not a lot those but the people that got the good ones got lucky. those new 6.7l powerstrokes are great motors they are just now showing issues with the turbo after people had them for 5-6 years. they also off the bat had valve issues but the dealer by me only had 1 truck show up with the valve issues. its really just comes down to a crap shoot. every vehicle has its lemons and apples. maybe I just got a apple idk but I don't have one complaint about these trucks yet.

·
1,265 Posts
Sorry to hear you are not happy...

I have 10k on mine now with no issues. I had one software update done and that's it. So far, the truck has been great.

Reactions: Delsol555

·
171 Posts
Bump:

About to join the other two posters in the thread, I should hear back from the BBB any day now to set my hearing date. I'll list what I've had done so far as a reference point to those in the forum watching.

-Silver PRO-4X-

Broken Tailgate (2x) @ Delivery
Eventually fixed early August

Alignment (2x) @ 59mi
First attempt the dealership didn't have alignment specs and so they did a visual inspection and that was OK. Second attempt was isolated to a defective tire that hasn't yet been replaced (7049mi)

Check Engine (1x)
EGR failure, reflashed @ dealer

Seats, Loose/Falling Apart (?x)
This is the big one that's likely to get the rebuy. I had to make an emergency stop and the seat "broke" forward and I semi-slid into the footwell. Dealer inspected the driver seat and re-torqued it and saw that the seat cushion had ripped. That occurred on 8/17? Since then the plate bolts had sheared/stripped in several locations. The seat cover is now starting to rip and allegedly my parts arrive on 9/24

In addition the passenger front has also become loose but has not yet ripped. However the whole seat frame is loose now and can be rocked side to side and vibrates/rattles on road imperfections.

Lastly the rear passenger seat cover has come apart along the main seam on the bottom.

For the record I have the cloth/vinyl pro-4x style seats

·
1,979 Posts
Bump:

About to join the other two posters in the thread, I should hear back from the BBB any day now to set my hearing date. I'll list what I've had done so far as a reference point to those in the forum watching.

-Silver PRO-4X-

Broken Tailgate (2x) @ Delivery
Eventually fixed early August

Alignment (2x) @ 59mi
First attempt the dealership didn't have alignment specs and so they did a visual inspection and that was OK. Second attempt was isolated to a defective tire that hasn't yet been replaced (7049mi)

Check Engine (1x)
EGR failure, reflashed @ dealer

Seats, Loose/Falling Apart (?x)
This is the big one that's likely to get the rebuy. I had to make an emergency stop and the seat "broke" forward and I semi-slid into the footwell. Dealer inspected the driver seat and re-torqued it and saw that the seat cushion had ripped. That occurred on 8/17? Since then the plate bolts had sheared/stripped in several locations. The seat cover is now starting to rip and allegedly my parts arrive on 9/24

In addition the passenger front has also become loose but has not yet ripped. However the whole seat frame is loose now and can be rocked side to side and vibrates/rattles on road imperfections.

Lastly the rear passenger seat cover has come apart along the main seam on the bottom.

For the record I have the cloth/vinyl pro-4x style seats
In AZ that wouldn't qualify for a buy back/Lemon Law since they are all different problems.
Why don't they just replace the bad seats ? Seems to be a pretty simple procedure, Ford has been replacing bad leather like crazy on the F150's.
Sorry to hear about your problems.

·
176 Posts
Had the same issue with my front seat cushion... Dealer replaced no questions asked... I really don't understand why the tire has not been replaced?? Good luck, I went through a buyback with a first year new model Pathfinder was a pain in the arse but eventually worked out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
18 Posts
In NC that would not qualify either. That's a normal list for a lot of big 3 owners, I know, my company uses a lot of trucks.

·
171 Posts
In AZ that wouldn't qualify for a buy back/Lemon Law since they are all different problems.
Why don't they just replace the bad seats ? Seems to be a pretty simple procedure, Ford has been replacing bad leather like crazy on the F150's.
Sorry to hear about your problems.
That's a great question, it's been 2 months going on 3 and they cant seem to source any parts to fix it.

Had the same issue with my front seat cushion... Dealer replaced no questions asked... I really don't understand why the tire has not been replaced?? Good luck, I went through a buyback with a first year new model Pathfinder was a pain in the arse but eventually worked out...
I might go hit up my dealer again because according to them Nissan wont give them an any parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In NC that would not qualify either. That's a normal list for a lot of big 3 owners, I know, my company uses a lot of trucks.
Sure that's reasonable enough but the issue is that it's going on now 3 months and allegedly the driver seat will be available on 9/24

·
194 Posts
I'm still waiting for a fix for the transmission. Still shifts horrible after the update. Nissan Engineer even acknowledge it should shift better but they do not have a fix. Pissed.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts