Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if this is just an "esthetic" component or serves any practical purpose (see the picture). Community thoughts will be appreciated.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Looks like a styling component to look similar to the headlights. Sensor is round and to the right of the fog lamp assembly.

·
608 Posts
I don't mind it, but it does seem like a strange part if it is just for aesthetics. I would think that they would throw something like that in just for the **** of it. it seems to me that it should have some function.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
It to me is very obviously about aesthetics, so the fog lights have similar lines to the headlights.

·
608 Posts
I could see that. I suppose without that the foglights would look pretty simple and not well integrated into the design.

·
857 Posts
It's too small to be anything to serve a real function, like a vent, and that's not something to be included on a truck, like mentioned above, strictly cosmetic.

·
313 Posts
It's too small to be anything to serve a real function, like a vent, and that's not something to be included on a truck, like mentioned above, strictly cosmetic.
Just read the Car&Driver interview with the Head designer.

She said the big Cummins emblems on the side were originally actual vents open to the engine compartment. But then the engineers decided they actually made air flow worse in the engine compartment. So they closed them off with a fake, solid mesh but left them the same size.

Guess it was too late in the design process to completely redo them to something less bulky. Too bad.

·
608 Posts

She said the big Cummins emblems on the side were originally actual vents open to the engine compartment. But then the engineers decided they actually made air flow worse in the engine compartment. So they closed them off with a fake, solid mesh but left them the same size.

Guess it was too late in the design process to completely redo them to something less bulky. Too bad.
I don't like hearing things like that. They should have actually changed them to something that made design sense in stead of placing mesh over them. It's all in the details!

·
8 Posts
I drove the nissan titan xd in the dealership parking lot with the 360 view camera and there is proximity sensors in the front.

·
857 Posts

Funny how they figured that out AFTER.

If this holds true and they listen to us, they'll do away with it come next year or some early year model. Unless they have a reason for keeping it that we'll laugh at which they won't want to say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts