Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gang, looking for some insight. For those of you folks who did the RC 3" kit, how much actual lift in the front did you get from the kit? I swear I saw where someone said they only got about 2.5" of lift. Did anyone do a before and after with it? I saw where someone did a before and after with the 2" RC leveling spacers. Can anyone confirm the actual lift height is a full 3"?

Thanks in advance.

·
1,476 Posts
Ok gang, looking for some insight. For those of you folks who did the RC 3" kit, how much actual lift in the front did you get from the kit? I swear I saw where someone said they only got about 2.5" of lift. Did anyone do a before and after with it? I saw where someone did a before and after with the 2" RC leveling spacers. Can anyone confirm the actual lift height is a full 3"?

Thanks in advance.
I seriously doubt it is a full 3". I've installed several lifts and levels and none have been true

·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I found another poster on the board who posted pictures of his truck before and after with the RC 3", looks like his front went up 3.5". Kind of surprising, but the pictures don't lie. Just curious if that was the case with any other folks with the RC.

·
669 Posts
Keep in mind all these lifts will ‘settle’ a bit. Meaning, they are bigger right after install versus later, after 7500 lbs sits on the lift a little while.

·
624 Posts

Thanks in advance.
You've read my post. LOL. And I answered your question just a moment ago in my post. I like it being 3", rather than a 6" with more work to do.

·
422 Posts
Keep in mind all these lifts will ‘settle’ a bit. Meaning, they are bigger right after install versus later, after 7500 lbs sits on the lift a little while.
Rc lifts shouldn't settle. You're using the same springs you already have with a spacer on top

·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rc lifts shouldn't settle. You're using the same springs you already have with a spacer on top
When you first take the truck off the lift, the shocks haven't cycled like when hitting a bump or something. So if you measure the height right when you drop the truck off the jack before driving it, it may sit about 1" higher than it normally would. Once you drive it, it won't "settle" unless the shocks or something in the suspension is going bad. i put a 2" level kit on my truck. When I took it off the lift, at first the wheel well height was 44" (crazy). I took for a test ride and came back and it was 42.5" (correct). If you measure the height right after the work is done before driving, it hasn't settled.

·
36 Posts
Here's mine before and after, RC 3" lift and I changed my front and rear shocks from the stock ones to Bilstein 5100s.

·
624 Posts
Here's mine before and after, RC 3" lift and I changed my front and rear shocks from the stock ones to Bilstein 5100s.
My 5100s are on the way. What's your setting for front? And after installing the front with 5100, did you keep the block from RC 3" lift kit?

·
1,476 Posts
My 5100s are on the way. What's your setting for front? And after installing the front with 5100, did you keep the block from RC 3" lift kit?
If that 3" kit doesnt drop the diff lower, when you put bilsteins I wouldnt run them on anything other than the bottom notch. You'll run the risk of boot issues

·
36 Posts
I left the front ones set to the lowest, or "stock", setting. And yes, I kept the block in the rears from the RC kit. The 5100 rear shocks do not add any lift, they're just better-quality than the OEM shocks.

If that 3" kit doesnt drop the diff lower, when you put bilsteins I wouldnt run them on anything other than the bottom notch. You'll run the risk of boot issues
I agree with Jayce on this, that's why I left the front shocks at stock height and used the RC kit to do all the lifting.

·
624 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering as if I leave the Bilsteins at the lowest, then it's stock height, and the RC front spacer is doing the lift. But if I'm taking the RC spacer out, should I leave the Bilsteins at highest to accommodate the 3" lift that I wanted. I also have heard that if the Bilsteins is set at the highest, the ride quality is like crap.

Bottom setting it is for the front with RC spacer in place then. Thanks guys,

·
36 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering as if I leave the Bilsteins at the lowest, then it's stock height, and the RC front spacer is doing the lift. But if I'm taking the RC spacer out, should I leave the Bilsteins at highest to accommodate the 3" lift that I wanted. I also have heard that if the Bilsteins is set at the highest, the ride quality is like crap.

Bottom setting it is for the front with RC spacer in place then. Thanks guys,
The Bilsteins alone won't give you a 3" lift in the front anyway. I believe on their highest setting it's only about 1.75" or 2" on the front -- about enough for leveling but not truly lifting. And yes, the Bilstein's set at their highest notch would roughen the ride considerably due to the added pre-load spring compression.

In all honesty, there's no reason to have the 5100's on the front if you're doing the RC 3" lift anyway. The only reason I used them on mine is because I ordered them thinking I was going to just level the truck, then decided to do the RC kit, and didn't want to have to pay restocking fees to send the 5100's back. My XD did not have the stock Bilstein shocks so I figured changing them while I had the suspension torn apart anyway wouldn't hurt anything.

·
624 Posts
And the reason I got the 5100s because my driver side front shock had gone bad. Figure that if I have it changed, might as well get the whole set of 5100s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts