Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
608 Posts
That makes total sense. I'm sure that Ford is probably annoyed that FCA has made a truck that is giving them a bit of a run for their money. They probably aren't use to playing catch up.

·
608 Posts
I don't think it will be too much of a disadvantage for them to come to the game late. Once they have it, people will be willing to buy it.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes total sense. I'm sure that Ford is probably annoyed that FCA has made a truck that is giving them a bit of a run for their money. They probably aren't use to playing catch up.
FCA is not giving them a run for their money, Yes the EcoDiesel is selling well, but in terms of volume RAM is still behind and by a mile...

·
608 Posts
FCA is not giving them a run for their money, Yes the EcoDiesel is selling well, but in terms of volume RAM is still behind and by a mile...
Still behind but they are catching up a little bit. They are certainly doing better than they normally do and that is what Ford will notice.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
664 Posts
Once Ford gets that diesel it's going to push them a mile more ahead.
Seeing reported sales numbers will be interesting.
If Ford were to be smart, and buy the ISV and put it into the F150, then I'd probably buy the F150 over the Titan.

If it's a Ford inhouse diesel, I'll stick with the Cummins Titan.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If Ford were to be smart, and buy the ISV and put it into the F150, then I'd probably buy the F150 over the Titan.

If it's a Ford inhouse diesel, I'll stick with the Cummins Titan.
If I had to put money down I'd bet its the 3.2L Duratorq 5 from Europe and now in the Transit. From what I've read its reliable (at least in the world market, no telling what NA regs will do to it)

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/news/1305dp_may_2013_torque_meet_fords_newest_diesel_engine/

·
664 Posts
Ford doesn't usually like to be on the low end of the scale when it comes to power, so they'll have to use the 4.4L Lion(If it's even still their engine ) at the very least to compete against the Cummins ISV.

It's going to be the largest, most capable diesel engine without going to 6+ liters of displacement.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ford doesn't usually like to be on the low end of the scale when it comes to power, so they'll have to use the 4.4L Lion(If it's even still their engine ) at the very least to compete against the Cummins ISV.

It's going to be the largest, most capable diesel engine without going to 6+ liters of displacement.
They'll go for mileage claims over outright power superiority, thats like so 5 years ago. They're trying to make trucks more viable as family vehicles and that means affordable mileage. IF you look already at the big three they're pulling down minivan esque MPG numbers. That's where the cash is...

·
664 Posts
They'll go for mileage claims over outright power superiority, thats like so 5 years ago. They're trying to make trucks more viable as family vehicles and that means affordable mileage. IF you look already at the big three they're pulling down minivan esque MPG numbers. That's where the cash is...
Considering that Ford has pushed the superduty every year for higher output, I can't see them doing the opposite with the F150.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Considering that Ford has pushed the superduty every year for higher output, I can't see them doing the opposite with the F150.
But that's the superduty, its a completely distinct audience to who they're trying to pull in for the 150. You could say the same for RAM and their HD's yet they're pushing mileage on the 1500 diesel. Its a wider net and increases the viability for families especially...

·
608 Posts
If they can get the best mileage and capability they will have it locked up. Ford could be aiming for that. I would probably value mileage more than capability as long as the capability was enough that I could do everything that I would need to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts