Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 XD 4WD crew cab acted a little weird in the way home. I was cruising around 60 mph and I started getting a shaking feeling in the front end. Similar to a death wobble in a jeep. I pulled over didn't see anything wrong. Started driving again and it did it a little more but stopped. Has anyone had anything similar happen to them. I was not hauling anything. It only has 27000 miles. I also had the brakes tightened about 2 weeks ago, but this was the first time it doing that.
Thanks
Jim

·
1,319 Posts
Brakes tightened???? Explain please.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
839 Posts
Do you rotate your tires regularly?

·
1,097 Posts
Check your lugs to ensure torqued to spec. Check wheel weights- probably on the inside of the rim if you have OEM wheels.

any other services performed when you had your parking brake adjusted?

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your lugs to ensure torqued to spec. Check wheel weights- probably on the inside of the rim if you have OEM wheels.

any other services performed when you had your parking brake adjusted?
Oil change and tire rotation. That was approximately 2 weeks ago. Daily driver. A buddy of mine said to see if the belts were shifted on the tire.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
839 Posts
Maybe have your tires checked for balance. Does this happen everytime now or just that once?

·
6 Posts
I just had my power steering pump bolts sheer off and luckily stayed connected. But was shaking very bad. And noticed the steering wheel got loose.
This is a 2016 Titan diesel.
My normal mechanic didn't want to touch it had to take to the dealer.
Edit. Wanted to say I was having the bad front end wobble also. Even got new tires and aligned.

·
2 Posts
The parking brakes were tightened, which it also seems the regular brakes feel more touchy.
Two issues I solved.
#1 Parking brake likes to continue tighten itself to squealing point if you have it tightened to the top three notches in the brake. Have it at notch 4 or 5,no problems.
When the parking brake tightens itself it made the regular brake touchy.
#2 tire balance, use a shop that has pin tire balance plates. I have the 17" 245/75x 17 LR E with steel wheels (as a farm truck should). That's a lot of weight slinging around.
The pin plate replicate actual mounted conditions. I had a similar issue and went to a shop with the pin plates and now no issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts