Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install a front hitch reciever (to haul bike rack/moped rack while towing camper). Wondering if anyone has experience with them on these trucks. Maybe some pics too

·
1,263 Posts
Looking to install a front hitch reciever (to haul bike rack/moped rack while towing camper). Wondering if anyone has experience with them on these trucks. Maybe some pics too
. Have had my front hitch receiver on since I bought my truck new 2 years ago. I have put a cargo rack on and carried a generator and gas cans and extra water for long dry camping weekends. Also put a bike rack on the front and carried two bikes. No cooling issues at all. However, buy the right hitch... One of them does not allow the use of the skid plate and the other does.I have the Curt which does allow skid plate use

·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
. Have had my front hitch receiver on since I bought my truck new 2 years ago. I have put a cargo rack on and carried a generator and gas cans and extra water for long dry camping weekends. Also put a bike rack on the front and carried two bikes. No cooling issues at all. However, buy the right hitch... One of them does not allow the use of the skid plate and the other does.I have the Curt which does allow skid plate use
Thank you, curt is the one i was looking at so thats good to know. Also wondering if it interferes with the headlights at night (The bikes on a rack?. Also looking for pics though. And have you tried one of those cheap hitch plows? Just seems like it might be a little more incentive to buy one. They're like 1000-2000 bucks. Obviously for my own driveway and not a money making plow

·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cargo rack does not block the headlights. If you put a tall object on the rack, it might.... I will reply with pics when I get home
Well i plan putting 2 mopeds on the front (as pictured but in front so i can also tow my camper), so i'm afraid of blocking the lights... and eventually a plow maybe, just to get the most out of my front hitch and truck in general.

Attachments

·
1,263 Posts
Well i plan putting 2 mopeds on the front (as pictured but in front so i can also tow my camper), so i'm afraid of blocking the lights... and eventually a plow maybe, just to get the most out of my front hitch and truck in general.
You can always add LED lights to the front of the carrier if you are worried about blocking the headlights....

Attachments

·
1,263 Posts
One more pic of front rack....

Attachments

Reactions: 595

·
1,263 Posts
I use a pretty hefty riser to have adequate ground clearance when off roading.

Attachments

·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use a pretty hefty riser to have adequate ground clearance when off roading.
Oh wow, that is a big riser, that was the next thing i was worried about... i will probably need a riser as well... but it looks good, thank you for the images.

·
2019 Titan XD PRO-4X
14 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but what part number is the curt front mount hitch? Every hitch I see, says it does not fit my truck, a 2019 pro4x xd. I am assuming it is Curt C31077. Is this the correct one? Curt's own website says it is not a correct fit.

·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the pro4x you need to take off the skid plate. I'm pretty sure that's why they say it doesn't fit.

·
1,263 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but what part number is the curt front mount hitch? Every hitch I see, says it does not fit my truck, a 2019 pro4x xd. I am assuming it is Curt C31077. Is this the correct one? Curt's own website says it is not a correct fit.
You don't need to take the skid plate off with the Curt. I have the Pro4X and still have the skid plate. I don't know the model number off hand, but I can TRY to find it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts