Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2019 P4X
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boys and girls! My name is Ryan and I’m in the process of buying a Pro4X. I am going to be the guinea pig for installing a front limited slip. The front diff is essentially the same 9.25 found in the GM and Ram HD trucks. I am going to buy a used front end from eBay and rip it apart to see what the carrier measurements are. I plan to install a Nitro limited slip seen here. There are spacers used for different manufacturers and models, so I may have to play around with it a bit, but hopefully I can get it going.
FYI, this won't be done soon. I won't be back in the US for another 2 months and plan on spending some quality time with my family after having spent 2 year apart from them when I get home, so don't expect anything immediately. I'll post updates as they happen.

·
968 Posts
Hello boys and girls! My name is Ryan and I’m in the process of buying a Pro4X. I am going to be the guinea pig for installing a front limited slip. The front diff is essentially the same 9.25 found in the GM and Ram HD trucks. I am going to buy a used front end from eBay and rip it apart to see what the carrier measurements are. I plan to install a Nitro limited slip seen here. There are spacers used for different manufacturers and models, so I may have to play around with it a bit, but hopefully I can get it going.
FYI, this won't be done soon. I won't be back in the US for another 2 months and plan on spending some quality time with my family after having spent 2 year apart from them when I get home, so don't expect anything immediately. I'll post updates as they happen.
Pretty cool if you end up doing this. But, I think more people would care more for the rear axle versus the front.

Even if you have a pro4x, the E-locker is silly with its speed limitations and the fact that it does just that- locks, mechanically. Most people would benefit WAY more from a true LSD rear in typical truck use applications.

However, if you’re trying to crawl around Moab- I get it.

·
2019 P4X
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty cool if you end up doing this. But, I think more people would care more for the rear axle versus the front.

Even if you have a pro4x, the E-locker is silly with its speed limitations and the fact that it does just that- locks, mechanically. Most people would benefit WAY more from a true LSD rear in typical truck use applications.

However, if you’re trying to crawl around Moab- I get it.
I do agree, but since it already has a rear locker then I will concentrate on the front. I loved what a locker did for the front end of my old trucks(D60/14FF combo in 3 different rigs) and hope to get something out of the LS on this one. As some people pointed out, there is a workaround for the rear, it just takes some rewiring. Or buy a non-P4X and see if an ARB or similar would fit it. The axle is an AAM 9.25 modified for Nissan. I'm sure if somebody pulled a carrier and sent it to Randy's R&P or the like then they could determine if the measurements were the same, or if a ring gear spacer is all that would be needed to make it work. My bet is that there are aftermarket parts that will work, but nobody has wanted to put the time, money and effort into verifying it.

·
2017 Titan XD SV
9 Posts
I've been doing some research on this topic. 4x4parts.com did go to arb and had them put together an air-locker kit with the correct spacer for the front MA235... I've been talking to them about the possibility of making a limited run for the rear and we've been trying to drum up interest. If you want to show interest, or know anybody who does, send and email to Mike V at [email protected] and have him put you on the list.

·
2019 P4X
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been doing some research on this topic. 4x4parts.com did go to arb and had them put together an air-locker kit with the correct spacer for the front MA235... I've been talking to them about the possibility of making a limited run for the rear and we've been trying to drum up interest. If you want to show interest, or know anybody who does, send and email to Mike V at [email protected] and have him put you on the list.
Dang. I'm not sure if I'd want an air locker. They've always been tempting, but I like the idea of mechanical lockers. Less fuss. I'll give it a thought.

·
665 Posts
I'd be interested in going to LSD front and rear, depending on cost. I don't use 4x4 that often but when I do it's no different than being in 2WD.

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
I'd be interested in going to LSD front and rear, depending on cost. I don't use 4x4 that often but when I do it's no different than being in 2WD.
That's complete bullshit. I've tested the 2wd climbing a steep dirt hill. Made it about 1/4 of the way up and started spinning and the n stopped moving. Set parking brake, shifted to neutral then to 4wd low, gave it barely any throttle and it climbed up like nothing. So dont say it's no different than 2we cause that's just a crock of shit

·
665 Posts
That's complete bullshit. I've tested the 2wd climbing a steep dirt hill. Made it about 1/4 of the way up and started spinning and the n stopped moving. Set parking brake, shifted to neutral then to 4wd low, gave it barely any throttle and it climbed up like nothing. So dont say it's no different than 2we cause that's just a crock of shit
I have no reason to be dishonest with you. My truck has been stuck in trivial situations where 4WD should have helped but didn't. Wet grass is a particular problem for it.. more than a few percent incline and it is completely incapable of getting started.

·
59 Posts
I have no reason to be dishonest with you. My truck has been stuck in trivial situations where 4WD should have helped but didn't. Wet grass is a particular problem for it.. more than a few percent incline and it is completely incapable of getting started.
I'm curious as to what your tire situation was like. Sure its possible to spin all 4 on ice or with bald tires, but it certainly wouldn't be the norm.

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
I'm curious as to what your tire situation was like. Sure its possible to spin all 4 on ice or with bald tires, but it certainly wouldn't be the norm.
Guaranteed hes running a tire that's damn near a street tire and trying to kid with it

·
665 Posts
I ran the Grabber APs that came on it until they got to the bars and then switched to Michelin LTX MS2.

I run the same tire on my 2012 Armada and it can negotiate a wet Kite Hill just fine in 2wd where the Titan XD cannot even in 4wd. Probably a combination of the weight and the ABLS system in the Armada being superior. I've sat there spinning a rear wheel in the XD and the BLSD system has never done anything. I dunno, maybe it's borked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts