Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something that I find annoying in my 2020 XD is the front radar / alert system. It works great for when I pull into the driveway and want to get as close the my other car as possible. The annoying part is when I'm leaving and put it in reverse, why did Nissan make the alert for the front beep when you are in reverse? It makes me think that something is behind me when in reality it's alerting off of what is in front of me. I can understand having it this way if I put it in drive, but it makes no sense to me to constantly beep at me when in reverse. Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure out a way to de-activate the front sensor when the truck is in reverse. Otherwise everything else on the truck is awesome so far.

·
578 Posts
Because if you’re backing AND turning the nose of the truck could hit something. Especially if you’re looking over your shoulder, at the camera, or in your mirrors.

That feature has honestly saved me backing my TT and making corrections.

·
2017 Titan XD
17 Posts
Seems like a odd thing to get annoyed at a very nice safety feature. Nissan/INFINITI has been doing it for years now and the only brand that has it.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I really like the alert when I am backing up or pulling up close to the garage or another parked vehicle, I just don't care for the front beeping when I am in reverse. Makes me think something is behind me for a second until I confirm it's only the object in front that I have no danger of colliding with while in reverse.

·
39 Posts
The parking alert sound comes from different parts of the vehicle so when you're backing up you know just by the sound of it whether it's ahead of or behind you and a quick glance at the all around camera will show you where it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts