HAAHHA - classic Titan Xd thread!

·
313 Posts
Yeah , we're all waiting for more info.
But not until the fall I suppose

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I would hazard a guess that the fuel tank will have a nominal capacity of 110-120L.

That's just a guess based off the total fuel capacity of heavy duty pickups.

·
857 Posts
I would hazard a guess that the fuel tank will have a nominal capacity of 110-120L.

That's just a guess based off the total fuel capacity of heavy duty pickups.
That's what I was thinking and that's where my guess will stay for the time being till I see more information.

·
88 Posts
It would be nice if they had an option for an extra reserve tank. Especially during long hauls. Auto tank switching when the primary tank runs out would also be a cool feature.

·
857 Posts
It would be nice if they had an option for an extra reserve tank. Especially during long hauls. Auto tank switching when the primary tank runs out would also be a cool feature.
That would be a great feature, something that will make this a more capable truck, what will make this an even better work truck. Sets them up right too for targeting that market.

·
313 Posts
This article has quite a bit of spec information but it is mostly about the engines, it doesn't quite cover the things you asked about specifically.

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/2015/1505_2016_nissan_titan_xd/
Yes, that's a good article. Worth a reread.

They claim there that the tranny is the Aisin AS69RC, same model # as what the RAM Cummins uses with its high output diesels, but different somehow.

The Aisin AS69RC is supposed to be a tough, medium duty tranny, like the Allison. Think that they would give it a new model designation if there's been any significant changes?? But the full RAM version seems over-kill for the 5L engine??

·
665 Posts
But the full RAM version seems over-kill for the 5L engine??
If they were to use the large one from Ram, that would mean the Titan should be able to handle a programmer well, from the factory. Also means a much lower chance of transmission failure on a stock truck.

·
313 Posts
Dunno people, but I suspect the Nissan's Aisin tranny is not close to what's offered in the RAM. :frown2:

Just went to the RAM site and the Aisin is a Can$2000 option over the standard RAM tranny :surprise:, and, not sure, but it may be only available on the 3500. RAM folk on another forum talk about how nice it is with their 3500 duallies.

Sounds like too much tranny for the Nissan XD, and suspect Motor Trend got it wrong. Aisin makes lots of trannys, I just don't think we're getting this one.

·
313 Posts
On the other hand, the two tranny's sure do look the same (RAM's is on the left, Titan XD on the right).
Colour me impressed!

Attachments

·
665 Posts
There are a couple of minor differences from what little I can find on the internet, but it is not uncommon for their to be difference cases variants according to application. However looking at the pictures the size and basic shape sure matches that of the AS69RC. That trucktrend lables their high resolution picture (http://image.trucktrend.com/f/featu...tan_xd/96830111/aisin-as69rc-transmission.jpg) as69rc is another pretty good indication. However looking at the dataplate, it's been painted over to obscure some information.

·
313 Posts
However looking at the pictures the size and basic shape sure matches that of the AS69RC. That trucktrend lables their high resolution picture (http://image.trucktrend.com/f/featu...tan_xd/96830111/aisin-as69rc-transmission.jpg) as69rc is another pretty good indication. However looking at the dataplate, it's been painted over to obscure some information.
The bell housing has a different config, more bolts in the Titan XD, but that's to be expected with a different engine. Hard to believe that a close relative of a 3500 level tranny is going into the this truck. :surprise:

It's going to be one tough drivetrain.

·
665 Posts
The bell housing has a different config, more bolts in the Titan XD, but that's to be expected with a different engine. Hard to believe that a close relative of a 3500 level tranny is going into the this truck. :surprise:

It's going to be one tough drivetrain.
It sure looks like an SAE bolt pattern.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts