Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title reads, I’ve noticed that my dte is really low here lately when I fill up. Used to be like 415 miles, now I’m lucky if I get 350. Anything I should check? I changed fuel filters and bumped up my tire pressure a little.

·
1,280 Posts
Mine is usually around 475-515- however, the next fill-up after towing sets it back to around 350-385 or thereabouts.

Have you changed tunes? I notice my higher HP tunes yield better MPGs.

·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See I’ve never had that Kind of mileage, though I do drive harder. Yes I play around with tunes. I noticed the significant drop after using setting 4, 90hp tune. Think possibly mass airflow sensor is dirty?

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
940 Posts
Mine is usually around 475-515- however, the next fill-up after towing sets it back to around 350-385 or thereabouts.

Have you changed tunes? I notice my higher HP tunes yield better MPGs.
Dang, my DTE while towing usually says 250. Lately it causes a slight pain in my chest for some reason.

·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be fair, I’m only towing a 12FT tandem axle dump and a 23FT boat short distances.
Hahaha you had me screwed up on that one too, I was like wtf! But I don’t see how your dte is so high. You run same tunes and me with same size tires lol. Most I’ve EVER seen on dte was 450

·
1,280 Posts
I don’t think the DTE is that accurate, although I never run the truck that low on fuel to even test it.

I actually filled up the evening, and despite it costing me my first born child (FJB), the DTE said 499.

I dunno.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
799 Posts
I don’t think the DTE is that accurate, although I never run the truck that low on fuel to even test it.

I actually filled up the evening, and despite it costing me my first born child (FJB), the DTE said 499.

I dunno.
The DTE can be accurate but only if your overall driving is consistant. The DTE appears to be set by the last economy recorded. I’ve seen 861km reported after a fill up but I don’t have any proof right now. Here is my average economies though.

Attachments

·
497 Posts
my average economies
Seeing "9" confused me for a sec and then I realized that is Km/L. All SI units in the computer...duh me.....reminds me of filling up a diesel Ford (passenger car) in the UK a couple years back and trying to do conversions in my head. It was pricey of course back then...I can't imagine what the heck it is now with diesel at ~$6.00 USD per gallon here in Virginia.

I was in Ottawa a few year back with the family in the XD...prices were pretty comparable to the U.S. Northeast...converting from CAD and liters. Fuel taxes must be similar?...

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
799 Posts
Seeing "9" confused me for a sec and then I realized that is Km/L. All SI units in the computer...duh me.....reminds me of filling up a diesel Ford (passenger car) in the UK a couple years back and trying to do conversions in my head. It was pricey of course back then...I can't imagine what the heck it is now with diesel at ~$6.00 USD per gallon here in Virginia.

I was in Ottawa a few year back with the family in the XD...prices were pretty comparable to the U.S. Northeast...converting from CAD and liters. Fuel taxes must be similar?...
$2.32/L for diesel, so almost $9Cad/gallon. Hence my efforts to drive economically.

·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I dunno.
Have you ever reset your trip when filling up? I usually get about 390 a tank

·
1,280 Posts
Have you ever reset your trip when filling up? I usually get about 390 a tank
Yeah I reset it everytime- I’m also a pretty avid user of t Fuelly App to track it since basically the day I bought it. I don’t take the tank very low, for obvious reasons- but I’m usually resetting the trip meter with around 400 miles ish.

I towed my boat back and forth to the ramp the last 4 days, but filled up this morning.

Vehicle Speedometer Car Odometer Watch

·
724 Posts
As the title reads, I’ve noticed that my dte is really low here lately when I fill up. Used to be like 415 miles, now I’m lucky if I get 350. Anything I should check? I changed fuel filters and bumped up my tire pressure a little.
As your DPF gets more and more clogged, your overall mileage will drop. The DPF in these trucks lasts about 75K miles before you start to see a pronounced increase in the frequency and duration of regen cycles, which reduces overall fuel economy significantly.

·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As your DPF gets more and more clogged, your overall mileage will drop. The DPF in these trucks lasts about 75K miles before you start to see a pronounced increase in the frequency and duration of regen cycles, which reduces overall fuel economy significantly.
Haha no emissions here bud, that’s long gone. But I found out my issue. I just went to 34.3” tires so my dte and Speedo is off and my tripometer. I’m actually going further than my trip says so it looks like mpg is down, but it’s actually better now that I found out how off everything is

·
724 Posts
Haha no emissions here bud, that’s long gone. But I found out my issue. I just went to 34.3” tires so my dte and Speedo is off and my tripometer. I’m actually going further than my trip says so it looks like mpg is down, but it’s actually better now that I found out how off everything is
Yep, that would also do it.

·
53 Posts
I bet that tire size looks great. I'm looking at going with the same size. Just about worn out my 33.2" tires and will need to be replaced.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts